Gaming thread

DutyWretch

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
If you want to really enjoy games...become a PC gamer, it is the only way forward :)

I've got a gaming laptop, but I never play online with it.
Hackers and cheats ruin PC online gaming in my experience.
But PC is superior on almost every level. I love shogun total war II.
But strategy games are my limit

its_meg

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I've got a gaming laptop, but I never play online with it.
Hackers and cheats ruin PC online gaming in my experience.
But PC is superior on almost every level. I love shogun total war II.
But strategy games are my limit
It is good to see that someone else appreciates this :)

cc1

(former RM)
Reaction score
Gents,

Escape from Tarkov is available for pre-order and I think it gives you access to the closed-Beta.

Reviews look pretty good!

B

bharry96

Looking to buy a new gaming laptop. Anyone got any suggestions. Quite like the look of the dell inspiron 7000?

Chick3nHawk01

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Looking to buy a new gaming laptop. Anyone got any suggestions. Quite like the look of the dell inspiron 7000?
Nice looking laptop but if I was you go for a gaming desktop more customization and you can change the components to it.

B

bharry96

Nice looking laptop but if I was you go for a gaming desktop more customization and you can change the components to it.
Yeh i would like to have a desktop but staying on camp and moving about id rather get a laptop.

RobFOB

Reaction score
I'd give ASUS and Acer a good look as they certainly produce the best gaming laptops.

Fibonarchie

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Can't go wrong with Alienware.

Unless you don't want to sell your house, car and some of your less loved family members to afford one

B

bharry96

Oh right. What is your price range may i ask?
Around a grand mate. I want a decent or semi decent gaming laptop that will last me.

Wondering if I could get one that could run the likes of GTA, arma 3 etc on max settings?

Last edited by a moderator:
B

bharry96

I'd give ASUS and Acer a good look as they certainly produce the best gaming laptops.
Yeh I’ve had a little look into ASUS but not into to much depth. I’ll have to give it another google in a bit

JWJ

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Yeh I’ve had a little look into ASUS but not into to much depth. I’ll have to give it another google in a bit
I'm on a HP Omen with an Intel i5, GTX 950M; runs every game I want to play pretty well, i.e Arma 3, Rainbow 6, Eve, Skyrim and I don't see there being problems with any other games.

This one was around 600-700, theres also models around 1000 which are improved, i.e i7, 1050m GPU etc - have a gander

B

bharry96

I'm on a HP Omen with an Intel i5, GTX 950M; runs every game I want to play pretty well, i.e Arma 3, Rainbow 6, Eve, Skyrim and I don't see there being problems with any other games.

This one was around 600-700, theres also models around 1000 which are improved, i.e i7, 1050m GPU etc - have a gander
Yeh mate I was looking at the ho omen too. I was torn between that and the dell inspiron.