GCSE's & Record of Achievement.

JChat

Reaction score
Hello,
I am wondering how important all my GCSE cert's and Record of Achievement is for any interview. I have long since relinquished ownership of the above due to house moves and Mother clearing out 'clutter' after I left home.
I have all recent records of qualifications as an adult.

Thanks

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
As long as you aren't applying for Officer,accept that you'll need to take the basic skills test on PRMC & left education more than a couple of years ago, it's not usually a major issue if you can provide good work references.

Connor!

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Ninja, I don't think I can find my gcse results either, now I wouldn't have had to take the key skills tests because of my result if I had them, I remember my results as they were only last year but afte my mum and dad had a let's say difference of opinion I moved out and have lost them in all the drama haha, how big a deal is it?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
The simple rule of thumb is that unless an individual can produce their GCSE certificate then they don't have GCSE's, need to take basic skills, can't join as an Officer, can't go Corps Commission or can't be promoted to Warrant Officer.

We still require school references if a candidate left education in the last 2 or 3 years.

Connor!

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
The simple rule of thumb is that unless an individual can produce their GCSE certificate then they don't have GCSE's, need to take basic skills, can't join as an Officer, can't go Corps Commission or can't be promoted to Warrant Officer.

We still require school references if a candidate left education in the last 2 or 3 years.
Right okay thanks, best turn my dads house upside down!

JChat

Reaction score
Thanks Ninja, I have plenty of work references and records of tickets obtained in the past 7 or 8 years. I left school in 2000, no prizes for guessing my age.

austin333

Reaction score
Hello,
I am wondering how important all my GCSE cert's and Record of Achievement is for any interview. I have long since relinquished ownership of the above due to house moves and Mother clearing out 'clutter' after I left home.
I have all recent records of qualifications as an adult.

Thanks
Find out what exam board you took your GCSEs with and apply for a certificate of results. They won't replace your certificate but can certify what grades you achieved which is perfectly acceptable. You may have to apply to several different boards to get your full results.

Newguy2011

Reaction score
I think they do replace certificates but it will cost you.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
The service will not accept a statement of results as evidence of GCSE's held - certificate only unfortunately.

austin333

Reaction score
The service will not accept a statement of results as evidence of GCSE's held - certificate only unfortunately.
What is the process for confirming GCSE results if the original certificate has been lost? One can obtain an official copy of the results printed on the original certificate but it seems this is not acceptable. Surely if applying as an Officer, the loss of one certificate can't result in failure.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Those wishing to join as an officer must produce certificates or duplicate certificates issued by the relevant examining body. No certificate means the candidate is ineligible - a statement of results cannot be accepted, as already indicated.