Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Gear recommendations

Discussion in 'Jollies Bar' started by northmonkeySW, Aug 24, 2019.

1. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    It’s mad to think the Browning Hi-power was still in service until almost recently. I remember being trained on it when I first joined up. And the GPMG, incredible that it is still on the go and proof that if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it!

• Like Like x 1
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  2. Caversham

Caversham Former RM Commando, Moderator

Prior to a tour over the water we had some Poole guys join us as part of MRF? Pre-cursor to 14 Int and SRR. One guy was going loopy, as he had been issued with a Browning as a personal weapon with a shoulder holster that was very similar to a leather dustbin. Once he put it on and a civvy jacket over the top it was hilarious. He looked like Quasimodo with the hump at the front! Needless to say it was binned prior to deployment.

The GPMG, choice of weapon for over 55 years. Nothing comes near it in my opinion. Heard a dit about a fire power demo at Tregantle range for Nods once, whereby a GPMG was fired onto the beach area out to sea when the tide was out. It perfectly illustrated the beaten zone of the weapon when the rounds hit the wet sand.

Alan

• Like Like x 1
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  3. Illustrious

Illustrious Royal Marines Commando - Moderator

If that makes you excited, the .50 M2 BMG will make you soil your underpants, 1933. predating the gpmg by 25 years.

@Caversham the weapons they use nowadays are so much more gucci than a browning, envy isn't the word.:eek:

• Like Like x 2
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1