General Election - 08 June '17

Discussion in 'Jollies Bar' started by CSVern, Apr 20, 2017.

?
  1. Conservatives

50 vote(s)
    56.2%
  2. Labour

17 vote(s)
    19.1%
  3. Lib Dem

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  4. UKIP

5 vote(s)
    5.6%
  5. SNP

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  6. Other

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  7. Undecided

12 vote(s)
    13.5%
  1. Churchy10

Churchy10 Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    The organiser of the break-in of the town hall Mustafa Al-Mansur is an ultra left, Corbyn loving political activist.

Oh, was also arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences as his finger prints were found to be on a book about IED's owned by a 'bosnian associate'.

Great chap no doubt.

• Like Like x 3
  2. GreyWing

GreyWing Nobody

Totally agree mate, could be argued that every country has a mob so, therefore, every country is a democracy. Some people vote with a piece of paper, some vote with a gun - but everyone votes.

I just prefer our system of gathering the mob every five years of a scheduled get together, compared to those Corbyn crazies who want it every night - especially when it gets warm.

Kept off the BBC, not seen it reported today - the shameful sham of a news organisation.

3. Rover

Rover Moderator

4. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

5. Rover

Rover Moderator

Mustafa Almansur: Who is the organiser of the Grenfell Tower protest movement?

16 June 2017 • 10:02pm

The organiser of Friday's Grenfell Tower demonstration, in which protesters stormed Kensington Town Hall, is a Jeremy Corbyn-supporting political activist who was once arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences, The Daily Telegraph can reveal.

Businessman Mustafa al-Mansur, 39, launched a Facebook campaign urging people affected by the tragedy to gather at council offices on Friday afternoon, after discovering that a family friend had died in the tragedy.

But he is also a slick political campaigner, a vocal supporter of Labour leader Mr Corbyn, whose brother stood in last week’s election as an independent candidate in east London.

Despite appealing for calm, the initially peaceful protest quickly descended into unrest, as dozens of people forced their way into the town hall of London’s richest borough, demanding answers from officials on what they were going to do about the disaster.

Mr Mansur, who lives in Haringey, north London, with his wife and family, was seen appealing for calm as he read out a statement from the council to the increasingly angry crowd.

Explaining why he had decided to organise the demonstration, he said he had been devastated, but angered, to discover that a friend, Rania Ibrahim, who lived on the 23rd floor of Grenfell Tower, had died.

It emerged last night that Mr Mansur, who used to be spokesman for the Finsbury Park Mosque, had been arrested 10 years ago by the Metropolitan Police on suspicion of terrorism offences. He was released without charge and later claimed he had been detained because his fingerprints had been found on a book about improvised explosive devices (IEDs), which belonged to a Bosnian associate.

Mr Mansur, who vehemently denied any wrongdoing, now works with a number of community groups aimed at improving race relations. He is the vice-chairman of the Association of Multicultural Communities, and also works with young people from black and ethnic minority groups, encouraging them to undertake volunteer work.

After graduating from Queen Mary University in London with a degree in electrical engineering, he took an MSc in Islamic banking and finance at Loughborough University. He praised Mr Corbyn recently on his Facebook page, writing: “Conservative supporters wish and dream that their leaders had an ounce of Jeremy Corbyn’s impeccable character, dignity and principled politics.”

In another post he added: “If you ever met Jeremy, experienced the warmth and kindness he shares, the straight answers he gives and how humble he is, you would have faith in politics again. (If only we had more political leaders like him).”

His older brother, Ajmal Masroor, had previously been a Liberal Democrat parliamentary candidate, but last week stood as an independent in the Bethnal Green and Bow constituency.

Mr Mansur said he had been compelled to take action because he felt the victims of the disaster were being let down by those in power. He said: “Rania Ibrahim is a family friend. She was on the 23rd floor with her two children. She is an Egyptian national, and her husband was away in Egypt. When the fire started she messaged my sister and said ‘we’re stuck, we can’t get out’.

“She WhatsApped our group too and said that she had been told by the

police to go back inside. So she did and then she invited other people on her floor to come in too.

“She live-broadcasted her ordeal until her phone died. All we heard at the end was her consoling her children saying ‘sit down, sit down, don’t , 00:54.

Addressing the angry crowds outside the council offices, Mr Mansur, appealed for calm, but said the response by officials was “flimsy” and not good enough.

Commenting on the crowd’s angry mood, Mr Mansur said: “So far in the last three days the general public have done everything.

“Going out on the street, finding victims, going to the churches and the mosques with donations. But so far the council has done nothing in public. They have provided fluffy-ended answers.

"The moving finger writes".:cool:
    Omar Khayyam;)

• Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1
  6. DutyWretch

DutyWretch Royal Marines Commando

:D

Careful.

That could be construed as 'profiling' .....

There are corbynistas amongst us ...:D:D

7. DutyWretch

He sounds like the model citizen (apart from the spokesman for the notorious Finsbury Park Mosque bit.and also the fingerprints on terrorist paraphernalia bit...)

But I often wonder how much money flows through these community quangos.

Perhaps I'm just a cynic.

• Like Like x 1
  8. A350-800

A350-800 Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    A cynic is what an idealist calls a realist :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. DutyWretch

Stolen, for insertion next time somebody questions my lack of optimism, cheers

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  10. A350-800

A350-800 Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Haha thanks, I nicked it from somewhere but I can't remember where :)

11. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Oh look. A man has been arrested following a Facebook post about the Mosque attack.

Funny how no one got arrested after the Facebook live video of a certain demographic of people "liking" the Westminster attack, or posts about the Manchester attack. Ironically one of the dead actually had a twitter feed that condoned genocide of white males and other incitful things. But nothing was said.

The age of free speech Is dead. We are now entering the second dark ages. Brainwashed to hate our own race, our values, democracy and liberty.

Someone stop the planet I want to get off.

• Like Like x 3
    • Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2017 at 7:27 PM
  12. GreyWing

GreyWing Nobody

http://www.itv.com/news/wales/2017-...ive-comments-made-about-london-mosque-attack/

I'd be amazed if he gets convicted of that. Luckily enough the one thing that stands between freedom and tyranny in this country is still the jury system. The "Thought police" still can't bypass that just yet. When they start arresting people for dark humour we are all in trouble.

"shame they don't hire out steam rollers or tanks could have done a tidy job then".

They still don't get it yet. It is the "Thought Police" that is inciting violence. Before they arrested him, nobody would have taken this post seriously, hardly anyone would have even heard this post. Now he's a bloody martyr and his post has been spread across the country.

Idiots -banghead-

13. A350-800

A350-800 Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I agree because I would never have heard of this twitter idiot if they hadn't arrested him. With respect though there are probably lots of bad things people do which got loads of attention only after the police arrest them for it, and would probably pass ignored by most people otherwise. I'm not really explaining this very well but I think That doesn't neccescarily mean the police should just ignore them, because behaviour which is unlawful or inciting of violence needs to be dealt with even if it will give the online narcissist the attention they so sickly crave. I guess there needs to be a balance between not advertising narcissistic people who are just seeking attention online through controversial tweets (i.e. Katie Hopkins) but also punishing people who have genuinely overstepped the line. The line has become somewhat blurred with the advent of twitter and social networks where we are always exposed to sensationalism all the time. In this case however the mans comments were undoubtably in poor taste but whether he should be convicted for it I don't know. There are nutters online from all sides of the political and social spectrum and I guess We all make mistakes on the internet at some point. I guess the police have to think very carefully which mistakes people should get reprimanded for.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017 at 10:47 PM
  14. Chelonian

Chelonian Well-Known Member

Speculation on my part but the man who posted the comment is more likely to be bullied into accepting a Police Caution. Just as Police may have been bullied by media pressure into arresting him.

• Like Like x 1
  15. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

That's all it is about these days. The Police hierarchy don't have the balls or spine to actually do Police work or stand up to these twitter lefty mobs.

That's why Rotherham scandal got swept over, police commissioners more concerned about their reputation and their CVs than the safety of the tax paying public. Scared of being labelled racist they wouldn't follow up or release any figures or information.

That's why there's a huge growing concern from charities and agencies with domestic abuse in minority communities and the police won't do anything for fear of being labelled racist.

And now this ridiculous notion "islamaphobia". It's not a phobia to criticise and talk out against a religion or idealogy.
    You don't get arrested for christianaphobia when you talk out against Christianity. When Monty Pythons Life of Brian came out, people didn't get arrested or have their heads cut off.

This country and its establishments are a joke. The establishments are being ripped apart. Our morals, our values and modern freedom and liberty are being ripped apart.

What's more terrifying though, is that not only is freedom and liberty under attack, but we are sliding down the slippery slope of Thought Policing and Pre-Crime.

This country is done for lads. Do what you can, set yourself up then get out. Leave.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2017 at 10:13 AM
  16. 24681012

24681012 Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Unnecessarily pessimistic! Social media just distorts reality. Criticism can and does take place of Islam, just as it does of Christianity. But threats on social media need to be taken seriously because you just can't tell whether its dark humour or something more. And anyone who thinks its OK to ram their vehicle into a group of people, needs some strong action taken against them, regardless of the motive. There are a lot of worse places to live.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  17. Chelonian

Chelonian Well-Known Member

Agreed. It has been widely reported that the idiot who posted the FB comment works for Eddie Stobart. If he hasn't already been given his cards his trades union rep will have to fight damn hard for him to keep his job regardless of Police action.

• Like Like x 1
  18. GreyWing

GreyWing Nobody

This is going to make it worse though. When you see someone on social media getting investigated for a humourous post but the Police have nobody to investigate when your house gets robbed. Now you've just turned honest people against the Police.

You have to recognise resources available, that's before you ever even venture into the rights and wrongs of turning the UK into the Soviet Union.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Hopeful Greybeard

Hopeful Greybeard Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Criticism does indeed happen, however those who speak out are immediately shouted down in the media, and decried as racist bigots in public. Let's look at Tommy Robinson the former leader of the EDL and one of the most well known critics of Islamic doctrine and a man who constantly campaigns to prevent Islamic terrorism. How is he portrayed by the media? How do people treat him? But I bet if you go look through all the footage of him and his actions, watch every speech, read every post by him, you won't find racism and you won't find incitement of violence. Some foolish mistakes sure, the man isn't a saint, but still he stands out as the perfect example. Especially considering all the death threats made against him on social media. Have all of those people had the threats taken seriously? Or is that different somehow?

So needlessly pessimistic? No I don't think so, @ThreadpigeonsAlpha is spot on with this. And burying our heads in the sand and pretending everything is OK because it could be worse is part of the problem.

20. A350-800

A350-800 Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I am struggling to find a country which doesn't suffer from many of these issues, I am not sure where we should all move to?

• Like Like x 1