Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Get yourself onto an RMAD

Discussion in 'Introductions & Welcome to the Royal Marines Site' started by Woods115, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Woods115

Woods115 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Been reading this forum for a while now but not posted until now. I'm a 20 yr old lad from Liverpool looking to get a green lid since my dad doesn't stop talking about his. Currently training for my second PJFT run but was recently offered the chance to get onto a Royal Marine Acquaint Day in the RMR Liverpoolan thought it was boss!

It was just a half day with 3 RM Instructors running a group of us through the RMFA and the 3 Miler plus gave us an insight into what it will be like down at PRMC and a talk about life as a marine and a few Q&A's. But is probably one of the best things to get on any stage before or even after PRMC, as it gives a great insight to were you phys is at, you learn how to behave inside the gym(basically how not to be given extra phys), and the instructors are brilliantly honest.

I was also told that if a PTI is present then if you come in on your 3 miler in a good enough time then you're actually able to pass the PJFT which in itself is a great reason to go but fustrating for me as i came in on a return mile an a half at 9:36 but with no PTI! Anyway if anyone here reads this an wants to know anything about it am happy to answer, i think they're going round all the RMR locations but it's deffinitely worth asking whoever is handling your application for a chance to get on one.

And yes i failed my first PJFT purely think it was a mental thing, i'm a great runner outside and was happy with the 9:36 but on a treadmill I just dont get into it as much. Not complaining though it's part of the application so i'll be doing me second attempt soon an will be fully prepared this time to smash it.

• Like Like x 3
  2. TeaDragon

TeaDragon New Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Good lad - my nod had similar issues with PJFT - he dug deep, did it and is now in RT. You can do it. Good luck!

3. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Welcome. Now that's motivation. :) Just dive in.

4. Woods115

Woods115 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    Thanks! Not sure why it seems any harder than running on road or whether its just a mental thing but i know which i prefer. I know this is a a specific question but what would you say was the timescale for your lad to go from his PJFT to PRMC an then starting RT? Just eager to get into it all been waiting a long time, reading books on training isn't scratching that itch anymore:D

5. Woods115

Woods115 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    He's definitely the most mentally tough person i know an he says he got it from CTC! Like a Brit Jocko Willink without the cringe motivational talks.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TeaDragon

TeaDragon New Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    My son was the same - happy to run for miles on the road but put him on the treadmill and it was a totally different story! He got there in the end! From what I can remember, he took about 3 or 4 months after PJFT to get to PRMC - totally his choice - he made the decision to take a bit longer to ensure that he could pass PRMC first time. It was then a further 8 weeks to get to RT. Christmas leave fell within those 8 weeks, so I guess it might have been quicker at a different time. I know that guys have done PJFT to RT in a much quicker time frame and others have taken longer. I think the key is to do what is right for you and take the time that you need to get yourself to the level of fitness where you are confident you can pass PRMC first time. Good luck! :)

• Like Like x 1