getting annoyed with press ups

danny12

Reaction score
about 3 weeks ago i couldn't do 10 marine press ups. Now i can do about 18-20 when fresh. I'm getting worried because all my other parts - running, sit ups, aren't immensly off applying standard, but my press-ups seem miles off.
what kind of reps numbers are they looking for?
should i be worried?
cheers in advance.

Distant.RM.Cooper

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
mate im exactly the same i think i can blast about 35 strict ones out chest all the way to the floor. Them are theones you want to do not many people take there chest all the way to the floor just keep training hard on them do dipz on *text deleted* kitchen work surfaces stuff like that which work your triceps look on youtube for sum workout ideas or on the RM website hope ths helped ya mate ;)

Callum

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
He's right.

Every time I go into the kitchen im blasting dips out of the work surfaces.
Im aiming for 65 good quality pushups before prmc.

Just practice as much as you can.

Jervis

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Definatly... i like the kitchen counter n all ;)

i struggled to do 10 now i can manged about 30 in a row... but the way im trainning now is 3 sets that amount to 50, ( 15 rest 20 rest then 15 rest )

keep at them and you will improve! :bud:

Distant.RM.Cooper

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Ohh yeah mate you should be worried because we all are, About reaching royal marine standards on exercises, We all have or own negatives to us its just being human to worry about stuff *text deleted*, If you want it that bad you will train hard to get it trust me mate.

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Make sure you can hit the top marks for everything before attending PRMC. Because when you are there you will find it very hard reach your personal best.

Gazkane

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Seriously? Does adrenaline not kick in and make you knock 10 more reps?

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Seriously? Does adrenaline not kick in and make you knock 10 more reps?

Well in my case yeh. I did'nt do a single press up for a couple of days before PRMC. I was fresh as a daisy but tired from a 3 miler and a bleep test. I managed to score 53 which got me 6 points but I could bang them out every morning and reach over 60 in 2 minutes. I dunno what happened, my sit ups were poor as well. I don't think it was nerves. I did'nt feel nervous at all, I was fairly confident. Just one of those things I suppose!

Qwerty123

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
about 3 weeks ago i couldn't do 10 marine press ups. Now i can do about 18-20 when fresh. I'm getting worried because all my other parts - running, sit ups, aren't immensly off applying standard, but my press-ups seem miles off.
what kind of reps numbers are they looking for?
should i be worried?
cheers in advance.

Mate, no you shouldn't be worried.
You say yourself a few weeks ago you couldn't do 10 press-ups, now you can do approx double that?! Yet you say you're already getting annoyed with doing them!
A few weeks is not a long time to improve, stick with them for a bit longer and you will be fine. :wink:

New Threads