Getting back into it

lkw07

Reaction score
Just a quick one, after 4-6 weeks off training for various reasons, not injury related, is it normal for it to take a couple of weeks to get back into it and get your previous scores back?

Thanks

Kangarooj

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I think it differs from person to person, for me it takes about a week.. it can take longer, I wouldn't worry if I was you, you might have slight muscle dystrophy after a few weeks but nothing too drastic, it's more getting the muscles and nerves used to the intensity again.
Just keep at it mate, you'll get there

lkw07

Reaction score
Yeay *text deleted* I’m not to worried, just gets to you whem hour not doing what you used to doing! This is the start of my 2nd week so hopefully next week be back to normal! The wind is playing huge affect on the BFT tho aswell which will probably affect a fair few people

Nod1201

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yeay *text deleted* I’m not to worried, just gets to you whem hour not doing what you used to doing! This is the start of my 2nd week so hopefully next week be back to normal! The wind is playing huge affect on the BFT tho aswell which will probably affect a fair few people

Was running the BFT this evening and I can agree with the fact the wind blowing you down the hill your trying to run up is not fun!

lkw07

Reaction score
Yeah I agree, I’m right on the coast running next to the beach so it’s a killer put about a minute on my time today, one of them
Things tho you just have to crack on

Nod1201

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure how long it added for me maybe around 30 seconds ish but training in all conditions is worth it.

Kangarooj

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I run around open fields and stuff in the country so yeah it gets pretty windy for me too, it does knock a fairly significant amount off my time.
Where I would normally get around 9:10 I'd get like 9:30-40, and it proper demoralises me! I always think when I tell myself "it's just windy" and stuff like that I'm just making up excuses.

Needless to say it doesn't stop me from carrying on.

New Threads