getting back into training

hughbrown

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
howzit guys..

my lil sister recently gave me a a MASSIVE dose of the flu
im better now but....
one of my mates has told me not to train for a month as it has a small risk of heart damage :amazed:
he's a chemist so i think he knows what hes talking about but what do you guys think??
Because i really dont want to wait that long to get back as i have been out for a few weeks already

if you guys could help clear this up id really appreciate it

pcampbell87

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Know the feeling, I have a PRMC in 5 weeks and have been out of action the last week and a half with flu. Tried continuing with my fizz but it made me worse.

I would rest if you can, although I think a month might be a bit excessive.

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
Your best bet is to take it easy,
not to push yourself too hard,
and if you're training and don't feel too good,
then stop,
don't push through it.

Joe

hughbrown

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks Gents thats what i thought
its really bugging me though but i guess im *text deleted* have to make sure it doesnt get worse

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
By all means I dont push yourself too hard. Obviously wait till you have fully recovered before you start training properly again, and ease into it.
But *text deleted* there is no way I would wait a month after I get better before I start training.

hughbrown

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yea i thought a month might be a wee bit much
thanks for the advice though

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
a month! jesus thats a bit long, you wont get that long during training if you have the flu. i doubt you will even get it off to be honest *text deleted*.. but wait at the very most a week if you really want to. but as soon as the flu is gone start training again, i personally wait 2 days after the flu to see how i feel and start again if i feel good.

New Threads