Getting bored! Loosing enthusiasm..

Woody

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Well since college finished I've just been working my part-time job 2-3 days a week and during the week I don't really have anything to do apart from laze around with friends. I still do my training but this boring lifestyle is making me lazy I swear. I feel like I've lost the fresh, keen, enthusiastic attitude I had when I was at college and now training is becoming more a chore and I find it hard just to find motivation to get out of bed sometimes.

To be honest I wish I could of started RT straight after college finished when I was most enthusiastic. Now i feel like I'm rotting away which Isn't good 3ish weeks before RT starts.

Hmm.. what would you guys suggest? The good thing about college was that I was constantly around Military interested people and Military conversations. (I did a Uniformed Services course) but now I'm just left with myself to motivate.

Trademark

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
hey mate, im in the same boat with u my RT is in 10 days ad apart from training i dont do anything bored s*text deleted**less, one thing that helps if u go out and by *text deleted* kit like the washin powder coathangars etc. and im doing lots of ironining now just tp get used to it *text deleted*. i go on youtube and look at all the royal marine videos etc or im on this!!

Lain

Reaction score
Yeah i've gotten kinda complacent myself at times too. I guess its natural to be more motivated after an interview or test or such, personally i just try to stick to a strict training schedule, at the same times everyday whenever possible, as soon as i miss or delay one session i find myself more inclined to put off running and such in the future. I'm no expert so thats all i can think to tell you really, just remember what you're working towards and force yourself to get up and continue training and i'm sure you'll do fine, i think most people have the same problem. Keep it up.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
It depends how much you want it.

Only you can pass or fail, frankly. Rest assured everyone has self-doubts, that's because you are human. Ideally you need to try and get in touch with others who are joining at the same time to help galvanise yourself into a determined frame of mind.

Good luck- don't give up after you have achieved so much already.

Woody

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
hey mate, im in the same boat with u my RT is in 10 days ad apart from training i dont do anything bored s*text deleted**less, one thing that helps if u go out and by *text deleted* kit like the washin powder coathangars etc. and im doing lots of ironining now just tp get used to it *text deleted*. i go on youtube and look at all the royal marine videos etc or im on this!!

Yeah I think the key is to keep doing things related to the Royal Marines to keep your mind on it I guess. I've got plenty of RM books and I still need to ware my boots in and stuff so there is stuff to keep me occupied. Do you get told what stuff you need to bring to RT on your final briefing with the AFCO by the way?

Yeah i've gotten kinda complacent myself at times too. I guess its natural to be more motivated after an interview or test or such, personally i just try to stick to a strict training schedule, at the same times everyday whenever possible, as soon as i miss or delay one session i find myself more inclined to put off running and such in the future. I'm no expert so thats all i can think to tell you really, just remember what you're working towards and force yourself to get up and continue training and i'm sure you'll do fine, i think most people have the same problem. Keep it up.

I'm paranoid I'm loosing fitness due to the last 2 couple of cardio sessions I seemed to of been struggling. But I'm pretty sure it's just all mental. What I'm *text deleted* start doing is getting up early everyday instead of laying in and maybe doing my fitness in the morning. Because I always feel better after a workout.

Trademark

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yeh on your final briefing you will get a list, its on this site somewhere a sticky thread and then theres the unofficial list as well which is good(just in the rt chat forum i think)

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Im in same boat as well mate, Ive got one exam left but thats it, and Im waiting till sept 15th to start RT. But I do see where your coming from, I just think about wanting to be a RM, but yea get up and go for a run or something, starts the day well!

New Threads