Getting fit to apply video diaries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonic

Reaction score
Hi! My name's Tom and this is my introduction to this forum with a video dairy! Sorry for the wonky camera, but this should explain my motiviations for wanting to become a Royal Marines Commando and my current situation. So enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d8rNPzGefA

westy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I'd consider a hair cut, buzz cut no.2 all over should suffice:biggrin:

Sonic

Reaction score
Haha yeah I know I think I'll worry about that closer to when I apply :p

jamiebricknell

Reaction score
HAHAH MATE love the post marines on here are going to love you haha yeh someone said its ?5 for a haircut down at ctc but i think they might charge you ?15 haha welcome to the site best of luck with your training cant wait to see the next post. jam.

owdoris

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
so let me get this straight, you want to become a marine *text deleted* you want to be a science fiction writer? yeah thats normal. good luck mate

jamiebricknell

Reaction score
hahah yeh the sonic pictures cracked me up hahaa guys we should all do one of these whos next haha

Sonic

Reaction score
so let me get this straight, you want to become a marine *text deleted* you want to be a science fiction writer? yeah thats normal. good luck mate

That's not my only motivation. Obviously I want to actually do it.

WiganWarriorsPRMC

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
if you pass, the lads at ctc are gunnah rip u into pieces to be hounest mate.

Good Luck and change your ID befor going to ctc

WiganWarriorsPRMC

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
sorry *text deleted* was abit harsh then, good luck with your training mate and i hope it all gose well :rolleyes:

JamesBL

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I love Halo too :smile: it's a good game, good luck with training and the application process budd!

AdmiralAwesome

Reaction score
Welcome to the sight mate.

Good effort on the video.

Bit of advice - if you're finding excuses to not get out doing the phys, you've not got the mental attitude right yet. Get up an hour earlier than usual (6am is a good time for phys - yes, there is a 6 o'clock in the morning), a run and a circuit. You'll feel a hell of a lot better for it and be able to work harder and concentrate longer.

Start eating right, sleeping right, doing some exercise and working to a schedule. After a couple of weeks, you'll be amazed at how awesome you feel, how switched on and how quickly you can get through mountains of work.

That book you've got is useless. Bin it... or have it next to the toilet for when you run out of loo roll. All the information in it is out of date/can be got here for free.

Also: One of the commando virtues is humility. Friendly advice, never ever mention how smart you are, or think you are. It'll put the back up of people that struggle to achieve academically... or give people like me, who are smarter, a warm, glowing sense of smugness. :uglyhammer:

Welcome again!

(Admin: Name change to 'Sonic' please.)

Sonic

Reaction score
*text deleted** okay. Frankly my sleeping patterns are completely out of whack at the moment due to the late night studies. But I'll work on it. It's not like I've been doing nothing. I have been doing push ups and what not but thanks for the advice :)

Batter

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hey mate just too let you know everything is possible!

I was very overweight out of shape and completely useless now im fit i can do my return mile and a half in 8:25 so really focus!!

And liek is aw in admirals post dont ever make excuses my mate goes to uni and he trains 6 days a week and he is doing a law degree!!

Keep focused! Keep looking at your goals! and always push further than you think you can!

Ps/ i used to be soooo addicted to halo haha

Sonic

Reaction score
Hey mate just too let you know everything is possible!

I was very overweight out of shape and completely useless now im fit i can do my return mile and a half in 8:25 so really focus!!

And liek is aw in admirals post dont ever make excuses my mate goes to uni and he trains 6 days a week and he is doing a law degree!!

Keep focused! Keep looking at your goals! and always push further than you think you can!

Ps/ i used to be soooo addicted to halo haha

Thanks that's really encouraging actually :)

Status
Not open for further replies.