Getting fit to apply?

M2011

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
ok well im 18 in august, and decided im going to apply then, so *text deleted** basically stepped my attempts to get fit up. Here is what im doing *text deleted*, just wanted to see if you guys think its a good plan:
Workout at the gym 4x a week (2 day split)
every 2 or 3 days (depending on how sore) a 6.6m run.
Im also watching what i eat, counting calories and macronutrients, and currently on a cutting diet.

If i keep this up do you guys think it will get me fit enough? thanks

Ben10_RMC

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
you dont need to be focusing on 6.6 mile runs the longest distance you really need to do is 4 mile range get good at short distance i.e know your 1.5 mile time and get better do 3 mile runs best time and hill sprints different forms of HIIT, and bodyweight excercises in the gym also add the weights in their creates a solid frame which is good for when you put that first bit of kit on anf feel the weight you *text deleted**text deleted** be all round can run fast 3 mile time alot of endurance in the muscles but also id say its good to be able to shift some weight so when weight training its good to work in the 2-5 rep range for your compound lifts then do other lifts in a higher rep range as in 20-25 reps

M2011

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
you dont need to be focusing on 6.6 mile runs the longest distance you really need to do is 4 mile range get good at short distance i.e know your 1.5 mile time and get better do 3 mile runs best time and hill sprints different forms of HIIT, and bodyweight excercises in the gym also add the weights in their creates a solid frame which is good for when you put that first bit of kit on anf feel the weight you *text deleted**text deleted** be all round can run fast 3 mile time alot of endurance in the muscles but also id say its good to be able to shift some weight so when weight training its good to work in the 2-5 rep range for your compound lifts then do other lifts in a higher rep range as in 20-25 reps

Dont really do bodyweight exercises, *text deleted** done a look at life course. smashed all the upperbody tests. Although i have started weighted wide grip pullups to make sure i get the higest score possible. So maybe hitting the gym treadmill might be more benificial to me as apposed to what im doing now?

S

stokey_14

Dont really do bodyweight exercises, *text deleted** done a look at life course. smashed all the upperbody tests. Although i have started weighted wide grip pullups to make sure i get the higest score possible. So maybe hitting the gym treadmill might be more benificial to me as apposed to what im doing now?

Running on actual ground and smashing the body weight exercises should be your base... no need for a 4 day split, time spent doing circuit would be much more beneficial.

Stokey

dodd

Reaction score
running outdoors is better than on treadmill, on the mill it nearly carries you, but outside you ened to be able to propelle yourself, also focus on what the other lad said about endurance etc!

New Threads