the past 2 weeks ive been eating healthy

7am - weetabix
9am - yoghurt or fruit
12noon - salad or jacket potoatoe and beans
2pm - yoghurt or fruit
5pm - jacket potato or rice or chicken dishes
7pm yoghurt or fruit
9pm - weetabix

and have felt so much better, before i was eating like 5 chocolate bars a day, 5 packs of crisp and loads of junk foods, also ive been running 2 miles everyday with some press ups and some weights

i noticed my leg muscles and arm muscles are coming on and starting to feel abit fitter, just need to lose my little belly but i suppose that comes with time!

only thing i notice is when i run of r a long length of time the bottem of my back where it meets my bum hurts abit, like the whole spine is crushing downwards, any ideas?

what do you reckon so far lads? any recomendations on a diet?

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Good work mate!. Looking good, But sometimes eating crap is good to bulk up, Well at the moment im eating alot of crap food just *text deleted* im bulking up and having a lot of protien etc. Id Personally say dont lose too much bulk just turn it into hard muscle instead of flesh and fat!..

Keep it up mate!.
Sam

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
the past 2 weeks ive been eating healthy

7am - weetabix
9am - yoghurt or fruit
12noon - salad or jacket potoatoe and beans
2pm - yoghurt or fruit
5pm - jacket potato or rice or chicken dishes
7pm yoghurt or fruit
9pm - weetabix

and have felt so much better, before i was eating like 5 chocolate bars a day, 5 packs of crisp and loads of junk foods, also ive been running 2 miles everyday with some press ups and some weights

i noticed my leg muscles and arm muscles are coming on and starting to feel abit fitter, just need to lose my little belly but i suppose that comes with time!

only thing i notice is when i run of r a long length of time the bottem of my back where it meets my bum hurts abit, like the whole spine is crushing downwards, any ideas?

what do you reckon so far lads? any recomendations on a diet?

I can only really recommend doing proper stretches before hand,
touching your toes and stuff like that,
and make sure you keep your back straight when running,
that might help.

Oh and the diet thing sounds like a pretty good idea,
I might try a variation of it,
and I'd recommend adding a bit of variation to it,
might get boring having basically the same thing everyday,
oh and don't forget to treat yourself every couple of weeks,
you're not in the marines yet,
a burger, pizza, chinese, chips,
anything like that,
helps with morale I find.

Joe

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
Good work mate!. Looking good, But sometimes eating crap is good to bulk up, Well at the moment im eating alot of crap food just *text deleted* im bulking up and having a lot of protien etc. Id Personally say dont lose too much bulk just turn it into hard muscle instead of flesh and fat!..

Keep it up mate!.
Sam

I see what you mean Rusty,
but there's good protein found in things like good red meat,
then there's crap protein found in kebabs and other junk food,
this is best avoided most of the time as although it helps with protein it's a dig to a lot of other things.

Joe

Ben-wales

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
thing is im not like most on here, im a big guy and have a big chest and so i really need to turn it into muscle and burn some of my belly off

here's a pic of me when i fist started *text deleted*

http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/9731/24062008571cd1.jpg

and he's me now after that diet and running, weights and also cycling to work everyday

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/439/02072008623vc3.jpg

i like to think its getting there! as you can see i need to loose a little around the belly area

see'ing the pic's what do you reckon i can be doing? or whats your honest opionin of me? i won't take it to heart! everyone needs some cunstrutive critisism

BradfordBulls

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
bloody hell pal, you must of put quite a bit of effort in! all i can say is keep going and goodluck! :shakehands:

Ben-wales

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
thanks, im busting a gut *text deleted*, all started on the 16th of june! no point doing bits one day and doing bits another! get it done! we all want to be apart of this wounderful family and be elite!

ive been eating all of the above, but running 1 hour every night! 30mins of weights and also ditched my nice sports car for a bike to get back and for to work!! i really going for it! getting into the marines means more than anything at the moment!

just remember, you can do anything in this world you want to, but its only you who can acheive it!

BradfordBulls

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
This is how I feel too, call it obsessed but joining the marines seems to be most of my life *text deleted*. An average day for me is: Wake up, Protein drink and banana while walking 3 miles to the gym. Do 1.30 hour CV And walk 3 miles back while probably eating a protein bar. Have some scambeled eggs for protein. Do a circit as found on the RM official website and then have a steak, mash potatoes and peas. Sleep :) Sometimes i go to the gym again at night and do some boxing

Ben-wales

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
thats the way mate! try and get some running in aswell, will help you alot!

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Bloody Hell Mate!, Just seen the photos, Good work!. Just need to build some muscle now eh pal hahah :laugh:

Keep the good work up buddy!
Sam

Priar

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score

It sounds like you've got weak core strength mate. Are you doing Dorsal Raises and Situps?

Ben-wales

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yer doing a few? you think i should be doing more to build this up?

Priar

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Depends how much your doing really. But yeah if your abdominals and lower back are weak this could explain the pain.

More likely though, it's to do with your bum! Stay with me on this one...
Your arse is the biggest muscle in your body and as it gets stronger it pulls on the muscles in your lower back. If you're not stretching your legs out properly, the muscle will be getting tighter as you run causing extra strain on your lower back.
It sounded like bollox to me to when my sensai told me, but after doing a number of leg stretches, my lower back pain went.

Just make sure you're properly warming up.

Ben-wales

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
that might make alot of sense then, i don't warm up to be honest, i just step outside the house and run! *text deleted*

feels abit pain full today felling the lower back! so it should help me if i do alot of stretches before hand

Lain

Reaction score
Sounds like you're doing well already mate, but the main thing i'd suggest is try doing longer runs and less of them, i used to run everyday but it really starts to catch up to you, it ended up that my ankles and knees were in constant pain, i've reduced it to 3 runs a week now, 2 x 10 mile endurance runs and 1 higher speed fartlek set then i intersperse the running days with 2 days cycling, 1 swimming as they're low impact sports, plus one day of rest. And of course bodyweight circuits, weights etc as i'm sure you'll know even more important to rest between these to let the muscles rebuild.. i never understood why they have you doing this stuff every day in the training schedule they give you, in my experience theres not much benefit in doing 2 days heavy anaerobic training in a row with no time for your muscle to rebuild. Anyway, hope there was something helpful in there, keep up the good work.

Ben-wales

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
well here's my week at the moment, what do you reckon?

Monday

ride to work in the morning 2 miles each way, hour down the gym at 9pm, running 5 mile, weights and robic exersices

tuesday
ride to work, down the gym, 1 hour of swimming

wednesday
ride to work in the morning, hour down the gym at 9pm, running 5 mile, weights and robic exersices

thursday
ride to work swimming (or might take the car just to have a rest one morining)

friday
just running down the gym!

saturday
swim in the morning, and then gym towards the evening, of weights and erobic exersises etc

sunday
day of rest! car cleaning etc *text deleted*

what do you reckon? is going down the gym 0pm each night ok?? anyone think its ok? anyone want to make ajustments? also what should i be eating after the gym? just been having weet-a-bix or chicken or a yoghurt, ohhh and plenty of water all day!!