Getting through training...

Gareth

Reaction score
Does CTCRM have a quota to fill per year on how many recruits they can pass? because i'v noticed not many people pass out of recruit training in the same troop. I start my RT on the 19th november, and im really worried i'll get sent home because other recruits are better than me. I no this sounds dumb. Is RT a process of elimination? or is it as long as you meet the criteria and give it 100% they'll pass you?

james_m

Reaction score
Gareth said:
Does CTCRM have a quota to fill per year on how many recruits they can pass? because i'v noticed not many people pass out of recruit training in the same troop. I start my RT on the 19th november, and im really worried i'll get sent home because other recruits are better than me. I no this sounds dumb. Is RT a process of elimination? or is it as long as you meet the criteria and give it 100% they'll pass you?
Have you not heard the Corps is severely short of man power? I would assume they are doing their best to get as many through as possible without relaxing the place or dumbing down on elements or standards of training and standards of tests which have to be met.

There are many tests during the 32 weeks such as gym passout (end of week 9 I think) and various speed marches and weapons tests which you are measured against, not each other.

If you were competing against other recruits then the bond made between recruits would never be so great as they are and CTCRM are very keen on getting the recruit troops to work togather as a TEAM which is easily seen in the documentary where the Corporals are trying to enforce this on the troop.

I may be wrong though :wink:

Cheers
James

Gareth

Reaction score
cheers james, thats put my mind at ease :)

I can't explain to people how much i want to be a Commando, its frustrating sometimes

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
It is not a process of elimination, in fact Recruits are given every opportunity to pass, often given a second attempt in certain aspects.

The issue is that standards are absolute & always have been, being short of recruits is not even an issue in this respect. Fail to meet those standards & you eliminate yourself if you do not prepare adequately.

It's not the bloody "X-Factor" with a winner at the end of it :roll:

We would far rather everyone made the grade - it's less hassle & expense that way. :D