Getting Wound Up!

MT6690

Reaction score
im getting very wound up.

for the people who are bored or somet help me...

im 17, do not have a job and am not going back to college to study business, finance and economics, i failed my PRMC due to injury (which has gone) and all i do is constantly train. i want to be more involved with the royal marines, but theres nothing i can do, i doss around all day, train, hype my self up watching commando videos on the internet and go to the pub for a pint of guiness. its *text deleted**text deleted*, im usually very patient and understand the time into becoming a royal marine takes time, but christ sake...i want to do this. ive talked to my AFCO and they said they'll put me on another PRMC asap...bollocks...its taking ages and every time i go down there or fone them up, the person i need is never there.

i dont know what to do.

any ideas or comments, please feel free and let me know.

thanks,

MT

Matt2085

Reaction score
get a part-time job or do something else thats simililarly easy to jack-in at short notice ready to start RT like voluntary work or charity work or maybe a couple of those short courses colleges offer (they're like 2weeks to 2months long), always something to put on a CV in future.

Maybe go down to local RSPCA or whatever and ask if you can help out doing anything, will keep ya busy will meet new people and better then spending days in the pub or infront of the TV!

MT6690

Reaction score
great idea, never thort of charity work!!

thanks.

MT

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
Why dont you explain your situation and get a job in your local gym.

Im sure this time of year they could do with some help.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Generally if you fail PRMC, there is a caveat attached before you may undertake another. A poor performance usually delays an application by 6 months or more, a reasonable effort up to the injury and/or point of failure will normally entail the candidate being invited back much sooner.

If the injury occured during the first physical event, the 3 mile run, where 75% of PRMC fails occur, then the candidate can usually expect a longer delay.

If you failed in June & were given a 3 month caveat, then it's unlikely you will attend PRMC much before the end of September/beginning of October which will give you ample time to recover fully & develop your overall fitness levels still further. If you live near to an RMR unit, some of them may let you attend their "holding troop" to further develop your fitness, providing you have been passed medically fit again by you Medical Examiner at your AFCO, if it was a significant injury.

Generally, as my AFCO is reasonably close to an RMR unit, I encourage my candidates to undergo an RMAD as a confidence check (for them as much as me) to confirm they have a strong potential to pass at a second attempt. If they don't attend an RMAD and then subsequently fail a 2nd PRMC, it generally has to be a nippy day in Old Nick's gaffe before a 3rd attempt is even considered.

Good luck.

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
Training

MT: Based on Ninjas information, it may be worth taking a long look at your training schedule and putting together another one that becomes progressively more challenging.

This way, you will be able to build on your fitness and also allow yourself to be better prepared. It may even be worth getting a labourers job that requires a lot of hard graft as this type of work will also help to build up your energy and fitness.

If you choose to work on a new schedule. Make a note of all your running times and all the maximum reps you can do on all the exercises you perform. Then jot down a fortnightly increment on each one. For example, 5 more of each. Find youself 3 running routes of 3, 6 and 8 mile distance. Run the 3 & 6 Mile runs at least twice a week and run the 8 mile run every two weeks in place of the 6 miler and check your times.

Keep your diary upto date and monitor your progress.

As suggested. Part time work or even voluntary work may also be an option to fit into your schedule.

I appreciate you are growing impatient with the waiting game, but you could use this time to your advantage.

Best of luck mate.

Steve

lukey boy 91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i failed my interview and they had me waiting 7 months ffs while i was fitter than ever, ive only got about 7 weeks to go till i can arrange another one , waiting is such a *text deleted*!.
but what you could do is try and get more fitter for example when i go for a run i go as fast as i can and realy push my self and try not to stop to get my heart goin, you should do stuff like this. im nearly 17 i dont have a job i no exactly how you feel and i aint even applied for collages the marines is all i want to do i cant think iof anything else

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
im starting to feel the same now, im 17 soon and hav just finished college and hav nothing to do all day accept train and watch tele and its dam boring, *text deleted* had about 4 job interviews and i didnt get any of the jobs *text deleted* i just want to get into RT now!!

Reaction score
i was in the position you where.........i just kept trying to get a job and evntually it came to me.

Try putting ya CV on websites like www.fish4jobs.com and www.monsterjobs.com

i did now am on 300 and double pay on sundays if i work while waiting for my application process........................

good luck

MT6690

Reaction score
Bit late i know...but thanks for all your replies, its all been taken into considoration, and i will now analyse my situation based on the advice i have been given.

thanks evryone, BIG HELP.

MT:smile1: