Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Gillette

Discussion in 'Jollies Bar' started by ThreadpigeonsAlpha, Jan 15, 2019.

1. Fibonarchie

Fibonarchie Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Eh, I know lots of people hated it with a passion - and don’t get me wrong, I disagree with lots of it - but to me it was nothing more than a crap advert. Call your target market all terrible people and then ask them to buy your product? Just seems to be poor marketing (or a publicity stunt).

2. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    It wasn’t so much the marketing, but the blatant slap in the face showing a clip of the young Turks as a positive thing.
    And a few other race baiting and an overall theme that “toxic masculinity” is bad.

“Toxic masculinity” isn’t real. The problem with young men is a lack of masculinity and role models, and constantly being given a barrage of “men are evil, men are rapists”. And we wonder why Male suicide is increasing.

It’s also started a big debate on P&G products and their ethics. From animal testing to child Slave labour.

Once you go woke, you go broke.

Dollar Shave Club for the win.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Fibonarchie

Fibonarchie Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I totally agree with everything you’ve said mate, it just didn’t piss me off like others. I was expecting to be furious when I watched it after hearing from others, but all I thought was, ‘what a crap heap’.