Girlfriends/Partners

DRichardson

Reaction score
Hey guys just wondering how other peoples partners or girlfriends are coping with you joining the RM.

At first mine took it quite bad. Think it was the shock and thoughts of never seeing me but she and i have looked into it and are alot better.

Just wanting to know other people situations.

Dave

mrdanie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah friends and girlfriends, not too keen on the idea, but oh well, something i want to do. Think the girlfriend is just accepting it.

S

Sotiris

Most relationships end in the military. Unless you're destined to marry her it wont last. If it's anything new and you're both young haha, you can more or less forget about it.

A lot of people may jump down my throat for this but I've been through this experience in a very strong relationship and seen what happened to my oppos and stand by what I've seen.

MAXPAIN

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
take care of your *text deleted* hand haha cause once your in thats the only sex your getting *text deleted*

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
A better place to ask would be on one of the Bebo or Facebook Army/Navy Wags groups as they actually have dealt with all the situations that can happen in a relationship first hand. The ARRSE and RumRation websites have active servicemen and women that can offer far more information that us lot only just signing up for the marines i would think.

marine_shull

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
my gf was fine with it at first...then wen it really started to kick in she hated it so we split up...but ya goota do what u *text deleted* do for the green lid :)

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
mine was the same but, we stayed together. i was going for the full 22, but have agreed with her now i'll leave after 8 years (assuming i get through ok). though the more she found out about it the better she was about it

Gorillawizard

Reaction score
Well i'm married and she's taken to it quite well. The only reason really is that when i met her i was about to undertake my application into the army, then i skipped that and stayed with her. Now were married with a child who's 3 and she knows that a career in the military is what i want. Plus we'll get a nice cheap house out of it, and she'll get to spend my money when i'm away.

Snell79

Reaction score
My missis wasn't happy at all, she said if she would of known about me wanting to join up she wouldn't have had our baby! Think she coming round to it slowly. my application got posted today anyway. I've never felt better either just got back from gym, did 20 mins of bag work, level 12 on bleep test, bout 60 press and 60 sit ups in 2 mins, then 45 mins of chest work, all pushed by my mate from marines who is on summer leave. Said he *text deleted* push me now for a month. Who Hoo!

Silent

Reaction score
My gf is really keen on the idea she's off to Uni. She likes the idea that am joining a all male armed forces. *text deleted* as well as that she's in France so i don't get to see her much anywhere.

Raz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
My relationship broke down because she couldn't stand me training all the time and also couldn't stand the prospect of losing me or being away from me for months at a time when i go on operations (and i'm only joining the RMR!!), but oh well, just goes to show that she wasn't right for me :noworry:

gedro

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
3 years together, started rt, weeks later, "i'm pregnant", hang on the dates don't add up, so how the *text deleted* can it be mine? ermmmm sorry i've been seeing someone else while you've been in there and its his... :weird::weird::weird:

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
poor. piss poor. bit worried bout that side of things with my mrs. not *text deleted* i think she would, just *text deleted* she's (bit gay this bit) such a sweet person i worry she'll get too lonely and end up in someone elses arms. tie will tell i guess

gedro

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
poor. piss poor. bit worried bout that side of things with my mrs. not *text deleted* i think she would, just *text deleted* she's (bit gay this bit) such a sweet person i worry she'll get too lonely and end up in someone elses arms. tie will tell i guess
hah that was her excuse, she got lonely, got friends with some new lad, feelings started to come, sexytime followed, and the baby came out a few months back! :rock::rock::rock:

edit; Stupid slag.

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Just go on my view - and never get hurt.

All women are whores, I just make them worse. Problem solved!

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* skippy i'll be seing you proping up the bar in a weatherspoons in 30 years then... j/k mate. you *text deleted* take a risk sometime thoughn eh?

Raz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Takes one hell of a strong woman to stand by you though. Nobody would ever really understand why we do it though.

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Finished My ex a weeks few back now and its one of the best decisions i have made!, Dont have to worry about texting her before i go to bed and ringing her etc all the routines i had to do just because of her are no more now and i can do hat i want its great.. But the only bad thing is not being able to have sex when i please :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* skippy i'll be seing you proping up the bar in a weatherspoons in 30 years then... j/k mate. you *text deleted* take a risk sometime thoughn eh?
Those old guys are my idols!

Right now I can't be dealing with a gf, I got this attitude from an ex - only one i ever gave a crap about haha, life goes on though :wink:

Raz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I was kind of hoping that being in the marines could take my mind of things like love, be more of a machine, horrible thing to say i know(she broke my heart haha).