dont bother before your RT

all they doo is say everyfin will fall into place

then suddenly one day decide nahh, no *text deleted*x

yer thanks alot for that lovee

very thoughtful

gedro

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Ahh mate don't worry about it just move on and forget, personally I'd rather not go through RT with a mrs, been there once and its not good.

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
girls in general aren't hassle, just think, what would you be like if your girlfriend had to go away for 32 weeks? you would find it very hard i suspect! my gf just started uni and is hard enough and she's only in week 4! havent seen her in 4 weeks but we still completely support each other in our career choices- she is studying french and teaching english, she will spend a year in France as part of her course! whereas if i passed RT i would end up in Afghanistan for 6 month, you just got to find a mutual ground of agreement and compromise!

Death-Oar-Glory

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I speak to an officer who did RT with a girlfriend, but 29 weeks in they split up, after a 2 year relationship. He still passed out, but he said he didn't feel as good when he did it, for the simple fact he knew someone was missing at his passing out. I personally would suggest to and gf I have a month before RT that we split until I've finished RT and see how she feels then. Invite her to the passing out parade, and she'll see what's happened in 32 weeks.

The corps is generally a single man's thing, unless it's really serious and 'love'

Macca

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think Its a deffinate no no to have a girlfriend during RT not at all. Some couples tend to realise that their relationship isn't as strong as what they thought so it ends with breaking up, and some realise just how much they mean to eachother. Personally I think if you've got a girlfriend and your having doubts about whether or not its going to work whilest your in RT then I think it will probably not work, as me and my gf never had the thought cross our minds, we just accepted it and got on with the long seperation and in away it made it more excitng when we were to see eachother again.

Matthew " Osiris" Cook

Reaction score
I agree, My girlfriend of two years left two months after quiting my job in london to train, its hard for the first week but then you see all the freedom you have and it is like waking from a coma.

JDMSAM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Ive been with my bird 3 years shes seen me grow from a little Gobby Cnut to a man. weve grownup enough together to give things a try during training. If its not working for either one of us I'l know what has to be done. She means the world to me but I aint screwing my chance at being a Commando for any1, esp after everything ive already accomplished to get this far