going crazyyyy!!

Az

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Can i just ask 1 question is another reason you guys want to apply for the marines is because you are more a pratical person?

I can explain how crazyyy im going right now, basically i left gcse with good results i think 10 b/c's in all subjects and after school i literally said to my self im finished with classroom stuff because i cannot physically motivate or get myself doing classroom stuff again.

But after school i went collage... i lasted a month before leaving because of me just not having the will to sit in a class room anymore.. i then got a job for a year.. and then manage to get on a apprenticeship which involed the 1st year spending in collage (it was good as i was using the navys engineering collage doing eletrical and mechanical ) But involed alot of theory which started messing me up because i just hate theoryy classroom stuff but i still did it all ,

Now on my 2nd year of this apprenticeship but this time on the job training (working on the railway), although every couple of months we have to go back to collage to do precific training as well as hand in our work based reports which involes alot of writing, report and research

and thats it i am literallly going *text deleted**text deleted**text deleted* crazyyy because you dont understand how non motivated i get when it comes to doing theory, classroom based *text deleted**text deleted*!!!:albert::albert::albert: *text deleted* had 3 months to this 1 which has to be handed in next week but im going crazyy grhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh im *text deleted**text deleted* like this just makes me want to quit this apprenticeship now and start the recuitment process 1st for the marines but i know how important people say get the qualification 1st but i JUST MENTALLLLLLLY CANT DO IT ANYMOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!

I need to get this work done but i just keep contiously putting it off! !!

*text deleted**text deleted* this im going to go for a swim.

Sorry guys i dont mean to rant but i just needed to get it out and i know you guys are here for me. just so pissed of i have another year and a bit left on this apprenticeship.

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Well okay, I'm in a simlar boat, lets put it this way I didn't like school, teachers didn't like me and quite often my vicious little body used to throw a chair across the room when the teacher ignored me when I put my hand up for 15 minutes.

I was removed from school as of 10 years old and was home educated in Maths, English and I completed a college Diploma in Computer Building and Maintenance. As my intentions go I would never go back in a classroom again!

Unfortunate for me I belive on PRMC there is a 2 hour test for those who don't hold GCSEs (like myself) and during RT if I remember right there's 1 day a week of education for those under 18. Wether that's a whole day or just an afternoon or morning I don't know, maybe Ninja or someone in RT under 18 could shed some light on this.

Anyway, as much as I detest teachers and have the least amount of respect for them you can imagine in the forces it is different. You can put your hand up 5 times and you'd get help 5 times and he still wouldn't get mad at you. In civvies at school you can put your hand up for the whole lesson and still won't get help because teachers have a timescale to stick to as they care more about their paypacket than the results for the school and pupils.

I'm joining the Royal Marines because the Army and Navy specifically can't offer me anything in comparrison to the RM, I'm adventurous, I've been just about everywhere in the UK wether it was to hike or kayak and it became quite obvious I want my life to be a challenge and not a challenge wether I can pay my bills on time but a challenge to make the most of life how I see fit to make the most of it. This of course involved getting dirty, hungry, wet, cold, sore and best of all at the end I acheived something! I found that out here in civvie street no one could offer me that and get paid for it unless I had considerable experiance!

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
I can honestly empathise with both of you. Academically at school I greatly underperformed because it didn't stimulate me in the slightest & frankly I was immature, I left school before I was asked to.

Similarly I managed to gain an apprenticeship as a quality control toolmaker at Ford motor company. 3,000 applicants, 40 apprenticeships & I managed to get one. What did I do with it? Got bored, hated it & left after 2 years before becoming time-served, to join-up in 1979.

Regrets? Well for starters the AFCO weren't too impressed, they knocked me back for a year and sent me away with a fly in my ear. They told me that to date I hadn't managed to stick at anything & was therefore a significant training risk. I then went into business with a mate & we spent the next year repairing cars of friends & families, running our own very small business to good effect.

I then got as far as the medical, but got knocked back a further 6 months - migraine. (Never had it since incidentally). At the time unemployment was high & the Armed forces were turning people away.

Eventually I joined in 1981 and clawed my way up to CPO (Colour Sergeant equivalent). Biggest regrets? Not getting good O Levels (GCSE's) and eventually becoming an Officer, but also not finishing my Apprenticeship & joining as a Direct Entry Artificer (Technician). My pension could have been doubled had I made the correct choices early on. On the other hand I've had the best life I could have hoped for, the discipline that I didn't even know I needed & a job that completely suited me.

The fact is there are elements of training which will still involve exams & still involve classroom work, you simply have to accept it.

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Well okay, I'm in a simlar boat, lets put it this way I didn't like school, teachers didn't like me and quite often my vicious little body used to throw a chair across the room when the teacher ignored me when I put my hand up for 15 minutes.

I was removed from school as of 10 years old and was home educated in Maths, English and I completed a college Diploma in Computer Building and Maintenance. As my intentions go I would never go back in a classroom again!

Unfortunate for me I belive on PRMC there is a 2 hour test for those who don't hold GCSEs (like myself) and during RT if I remember right there's 1 day a week of education for those under 18. Wether that's a whole day or just an afternoon or morning I don't know, maybe Ninja or someone in RT under 18 could shed some light on this.

Anyway, as much as I detest teachers and have the least amount of respect for them you can imagine in the forces it is different. You can put your hand up 5 times and you'd get help 5 times and he still wouldn't get mad at you. In civvies at school you can put your hand up for the whole lesson and still won't get help because teachers have a timescale to stick to as they care more about their paypacket than the results for the school and pupils.

I'm joining the Royal Marines because the Army and Navy specifically can't offer me anything in comparrison to the RM, I'm adventurous, I've been just about everywhere in the UK wether it was to hike or kayak and it became quite obvious I want my life to be a challenge and not a challenge wether I can pay my bills on time but a challenge to make the most of life how I see fit to make the most of it. This of course involved getting dirty, hungry, wet, cold, sore and best of all at the end I acheived something! I found that out here in civvie street no one could offer me that and get paid for it unless I had considerable experiance!

WTH, I've not heard of this. Can someone clarify?

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
It might have changed, you used to have to do education once a week. Wether it has changed then it has changed.

I already asked someone to clarify it, chill out.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
If you did not achieve GCSE English or Maths, you will undergo a Basic Skills assessment on PRMC. It's not a pass/fail item on PRMC like the Recruiting Test is, it's merely to identify if you need further basic skills tuition during recruit training. The test doesn't actually take a full two hours, that's just the time-slot given for it.

Doubtless those who have attended PRMC will illuminate further. It's a government lead initiative & does not affect your suitability for service.

ZZ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
yup i feel the same, just wana get out the classroom so much that i ask other, more active courses if i can go away hiking and do fitness with them. i even ask my fitness tutor to take me out for a run cross country after college some times.

i have basically been paperworked to death after joining under the false impression that this college course will even do me the slightest bit of good to join the marines. the amount of fitness we do is completely shocking, and the level of fitness is worse, everyone in my course complains if we have to do a circuit (bar me and my friend). and i find it sickening that people would rather do 1hr of paperwork over 1 hr of fitness. I dont even need this course and if i get into the marines then i plan on staying there my whole life and will never use any qualifications from the course. its *text deleted**text deleted* and its the one regret i have in life, it wont help me do anything but join the police force.

but basically yeah i hate sitting at a computer writting *text deleted* essay's. and the sooner i get away from it all the better.

New Threads