Going into week 12, questions?

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
How is Straight Point in this weather?!

Good effort so far though.

SixteenSixtyFour

Reaction score
Well done, mate. Keep up the good work.

What has been your favourite part of RT so far?
Anything you wish you had prepared for better?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Good effort and well done so far.

I gather the snow has affected certain elements of training this last week. Have recruits been deployed within the immediate area to assist local authorities that you are aware of?

Heard rumours that recruits have had to use ration packs due to shortages caused by the snow affecting deliveries.

Come to think of it, I've noticed the shelves are looking a bit sparse in my local supermarkets this weekend -and we haven't had any snow to speak of.

arny01

Ex Pongo.
Reaction score
Relaxed weekend so as title says, any questions I'll try to help.

Forum was great help to me before joining so happy to help where I can!
Good effort so far!! You were a major contributor before joining and I hope you will continue going forward. Good luck for the remainder of RT!

Rob20

Royal Marines Commando Moderator
Reaction score
How is Straight Point in this weather?!

Good effort so far though.

Almost impossible haha. Winds impeded most shoots to be honest so we are rolling over into next week with some extra serials. Although apparently most of us scored very well in the winds we will all retake in order to have a shot at marksman in the better conditions.

It was windy and cold to say the least.

Rob20

Reaction score
Well done, mate. Keep up the good work.

What has been your favourite part of RT so far?
Anything you wish you had prepared for better?

Being with the lads in the grots is the best bit. I love the swimming sessions to be fair and survival on hunters moon was good experience.

I felt well prepared to be honest but you can never be fit enough, so smash yourself and give yourself the best chance. Also, do not rock up with any injuries.

Rob20

Reaction score
Good effort and well done so far.

I gather the snow has affected certain elements of training this last week. Have recruits been deployed within the immediate area to assist local authorities that you are aware of?

Heard rumours that recruits have had to use ration packs due to shortages caused by the snow affecting deliveries.

Come to think of it, I've noticed the shelves are looking a bit sparse in my local supermarkets this weekend -and we haven't had any snow to speak of.

I'm not sure if anyone has been deployed locally. We've been having shortages for sure. Breakfast was limited and no niners for a few days. Also the NAAFI was shut which just about killed morale amongst us haha. But as always dutchies stepped up to save the day!

Caversham

RM Commando, Crossed The Bar 13/12/2020
Reaction score
I'm guessing the current proprieter must have a fleet of Bentleys by now ;)

All started by Dutchy senior in the early 60s, who was a HW SNCO. He claims to have fed everyone at CTC from the current Corps RSM and CGRM and no doubt their predecessors. He always maintained that there was no rank in his queue and treated everyone the same. They tried to close him down a few years ago when PAYD came in, but due to a vigorous campaign he was allowed to stay.

Now sadly passed away, his business is being done by his son. His Capt Kirk burger was my all time favourite, washed down with a pint of milk.

Alan

Latest posts

New Threads