Going On Exercise

ChrisL

Reaction score
I was just wondering after you pass out how often will we be going on exercise when were not in afghanistan, iraq etc....And do you go on exercise with other units...not just the British Army but the Americans 2.

M1664

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I was just wondering after you pass out how often will we be going on exercise when were not in afghanistan, iraq etc....And do you go on exercise with other units...not just the British Army but the Americans 2.

depends on alot, and it would be rare to go on exercise with the army...or the yanks...depends on what unit your in aswell. plus the Marines arnt in iraq anymore.

ChrisL

Reaction score
Just i saw on Commando on uncut version RM on exercise with USMC i think they were so i doubt its uncommom....Plus my cousins in RM with 45 Commando and he did an exercise with the Paras (Shocking he said, Dont know what there doing) Think Unit pride kicked in when he said that...So just wantd to *text deleted* how often this happens, Bet it *text deleted*ing ace on exercise against other units

MAXPAIN

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
My guess is yes there will be alot of that after passing out maybe not with others out side the corps but with in I should think there would be alot going on to keep every ones skills fresh. I dont really know what they'd be doing other wise, what else do soldiers do other than preparing for war/disasters e.t.c..?

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I'm sure it's quite common for exercises. There are lots of tri service exercises, as well as ones conducted with NATO, for example with the USA, or in Germany. There are tonnns of em.

GaryA

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
they probs just went with the Americans on commando on the front line because it was for tv

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
No, its rare that the RM will do exercises with other services. My friend passed out 2 years ago and he has done practise exercises with the Special Boat sevice and the USMC, he described the USMC as a lazy unit because they used to get helicopter pickups after they finished their exercise or if they had to go up cliffs etc. He told me that they called the RM crazy *text deleted**text deleted**text deleted**s because they yomped everywhere..