Going to book my PJFT Tomorrow...

jamie.english

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
...And hopefully take it on Wednesday or Thursday this week.

Am I right in thinking if it's in miles I should set it to 9mph? and if it's in Kilometers I should set it to 15?

I have just been strictly running outside, timing myself and getting around 10:15, going up a big hill as well.

What time would I get exactly with those speeds?

Thanks,
Jamie

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
well matey, to get under 10 mins its 14.2 which works out to abooouutt no idea cant work it out right mate *text deleted* but it will be around 9:50

ICTTech

Reaction score
9mph should bring you in at 10mins but thats not including the 20 seconds it takes for the treadmill to get up to speed.

Chris5818

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
well matey, to get under 10 mins its 14.2 which works out to abooouutt no idea cant work it out right mate *text deleted* but it will be around 9:50

Just remember some treadmills accelerate faster than others, the one i took it on took around 20+ seconds to get up to speed so your overall speed should be around 15

PrmcOjay

Reaction score
:DD

In luck i had mine today and got 9.20 when i had the treadmill on full speed for the whole time ?!?!? but it seemed alot easier than my previous 1.5k runs but the guy who had to watch me said 15kph will put you in at around 9.45 so stick to that ! and it will be fine. i went to the la fitness in holburn i dunno the view was out of a window so just look whats going on outside ;) *text deleted* or talk to the guy it seemed to pass the time for me as treadmills are boreing!.

:fandrinking:

jamie.english

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply guys. I went to the gym earlier and ran it in 9:40. I realized afterwards that I could have pushed myself a lot more. I was going to run it again, but I'm going to have the day off and rest.

I phoned the place in Leicester earlier and it's booked for 11am tomorrow.

Everyone in my family is coming down with sickness, so im *text deleted* stay away from them for the day, load up on Vitamin C. I can't get sick! I just got over tonsillitis!

pcampbell87

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Just remember some treadmills accelerate faster than others, the one i took it on took around 20+ seconds to get up to speed so your overall speed should be around 15

When I did my last PJFT many years ago the personal trainer waited until the treadmill had got up to speed before he started timing. ]

I can't see any reason why they couldn't do this if asked to do so, although it does mean you have to run an extra couple of hundred meters or so.

ICTTech

Reaction score
dinnie load up too mutch on vitimum C it will give you the *text deleted**text deleted*'s and that won't be funny on your PJFT

chew1e

Reaction score
good luck mate, we seem to be pretty much exactly at the same stage. Booking my PJFT tomorrow! :)

jamie.english

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Unfortunately I didn't pass. I got to 2.2 kilometers and could go any further. It felt as though my hamstring was about to snap.

I didn't feel as though I was ready due to having a bad cold and tonsillitis. I thought I'd better take it now before my time ran out. I was nearly at the 28th day mark.

So now i've *text deleted* wait 8 weeks until I can do it again. I've got myself a gym membership now and I'll practice everyday until I can do it again.

I feel like arse!

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Unfortunately I didn't pass. I got to 2.2 kilometers and could go any further. It felt as though my hamstring was about to snap.

I didn't feel as though I was ready due to having a bad cold and tonsillitis. I thought I'd better take it now before my time ran out. I was nearly at the 28th day mark.

So now i've *text deleted* wait 8 weeks until I can do it again. I've got myself a gym membership now and I'll practice everyday until I can do it again.

I feel like arse!

Bad luck fella, but dont let it get you down .... take this and use it to spur you on, that way when you re-do it, you'll smash it! :thumbsup:

gleneagles

Reaction score
Yeah mate. Use this to spur you on and you will smash it. Plus, its definately 15. I done mine on fifteen, didnt touch it at all and I clocked in at 9 min 47 sec.

And keep your sexual needs to yourself. We dont care if you feel like arse! I'm sure there are other websites for that. Only joking.

Laters

Lee

Reaction score
i done my pjft on 24th december and messed it up, dunno how.i tried to rush it in before christmas even though i had a bit of an injury. im under 9.30 quite easy. it happens but i was told by my careers officer that i had to 3months till i was allowed to do it again. that would be 24th march then. not 8 weeks. is there different waiting times depending on where you are?

if it is 8 weeks then im on the phone first thing monday to find out more, get things moving again.

Latest posts

New Threads