Good documentary on 3Cdo in Afghanistan

D

DevonCadet

http://best.online.docus.googlepages.com/

Then go to GeoPolitics, Warfare and you will find it in there.

It is a BBC Panorama documentary from a few years ago, I'm not sure exactly when, would be interested to know if anyone does (please don't just post up your guesses)?

D

DevonCadet

Near the end of the vid there are lots of 3cdo in blue berets including women. This may be a stupid question but who are these blue berets?
Cheers,
DC

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
band members i'd imagine, don't think they get the green lid

EDIT: no they're not, sorry hadn't watched vid at that point. think the blue berets is due to bad colour of vid, if so it's prob just army inf/log etc

Woody

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Very interesting documentary. You can see the situation over there has changed a bit since then, but not much and this is about 4-5 years later.

One of the Afghans in the film says 'We need the British to help us for about 6 or 7 more years' then they reckon the afghan army could provide security for the country. Well 4-5 years later and it looks like we are going to be over there for MUCH longer.

D

DevonCadet

Mate that is a bit of a daft post. Think about it for a little. They are a brand NEW army, being trained on the job, underpaid and with constant threat to their family and friends just for speaking to the coalition. Also you will note that they have no heavy equipment or decent protection. Not to mention the lack of experienced commanders to lead them.
How on earth do you expect them not to rely on the British forces?

M

MTW

i have big respect for the afghan national army, they have serious bollocks to do what they are doing.

Windy_Chris

Reaction score
Very interesting documentary. You can see the situation over there has changed a bit since then, but not much and this is about 4-5 years later.

umm no this was only recorded 18 moths ago.

Robbie Spice

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
well it actually says at the bottom of the screen June 2006 when he's talking about the paras.

S

Sotiris

I've seen this before, can't remember where. Good documentary, nice post.

Robbie Spice

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Shows how much I paid attention. :doh:

I do the same thing , I'll watch something or someone will be telling me something, I don't pay attention and just kinda decide myself what happens or what was said.

goldenboyz

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score

This was only last year (2007). At the beginning they mentioned something about it being 5 years on since the invasion to get rid of the taliban, which was in november 2001 they first went in