google maps

Boataimer

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
it started with boredom, but i dont think ill ever get bored again. Cant believe some of the *text deleted**text deleted* you can see on google maps. Not sure if it should be made common knowledge but i suppose if it was a security risk you wouldnt be able to look at it.

Just been looking at ground zero, people walking round the middle of the pentagon, an aircraft carrier with an sr-71 blackbird on it, places ive stayed (the actual hotels) on holidays around the world.

couldnt find certain places in afghan, google maps will only let you zoom in so far, which makes sense i suppose.

good if your bored.:dontaskme:

Geryon

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
http://earth.google.com/

Google earth is far better, you get 3d maps of terrain on it too, also 3d buildings in popular areas like London and New York. Also there is an inbuilt flight simulator so you can fly around in an F-16 around the world with accurate satellite images and 3d terrain.

PRMBenjey1993

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* Theres loads of random white horse thingeys if you type it in..
I enjoy looking at CTCRM for some insperation :D
Also it's how I plan my running routes *text deleted*

Boataimer

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
just downloaded google earth. thats some scary stuff.

Boataimer

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
how big is area 51!!

oh dear i can feel this getting out of hand *text deleted*.

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
The white house would be interesting.

C

critchmufc

google earth is one of mans greatest inventions, I FOUND CAMP BASTION!

if you go to the right area, a sign comes up anyway, but i didnt know the area, so i was lookin all over helmand for about 2 hours, and finally found it!!

Boataimer

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
google earth is one of mans greatest inventions, I FOUND CAMP BASTION!

if you go to the right area, a sign comes up anyway, but i didnt know the area, so i was lookin all over helmand for about 2 hours, and finally found it!!

i was looking for that and the kajaki dam but couldnt find them. how recent are the satellite pics anyway, anyone know?

WrapJuice

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
not very, it's got my old car outside my house from about 5 years ago *text deleted*!

C

critchmufc

im guessing some parts are, and some parts are not, becuase its got some of the new things in my town, but then again its got my house on it and the pic is like 10 years old *text deleted*

New Threads