got court maybe found guilty prmc 15th dec

chrismc

Resigned
Reaction score
ok bassically i have to go to court in march and if i pass my prmc on the 15th dec will i be allowed to postpone my rt date to march-april? ....if am guilty to a need to wait longer?

get back to me: ~chris~

T

tricky123

Maybe depends on the charge mate, it might even bar you from joining for a while. Best of luck anyway!

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
You need to speak to your AFCO asap, you're not the first & doubtless won't be the last but you cannot join pending prosecution & have to have completed the rehabilitation period of any penalty before you join.
(For example: 5 years for a fine, etc.- see the link below)

When you had your selection interview you should have signed a bit of paper like this:

Post Interview Caution.

It is a condition of entry into the Naval Service that should you become involved with the Police, either as a witness or subject to prosecution, you must report the facts immediately to this office. Failure to do so may delay your final entry or may be considered as fraudulently withholding information. You are also to inform this office if there are any changes in your personal/medical circumstances.

The Rehabilitation of Offenders Act lists the rehabilitation periods which must expire before you are eligible to enter service.

Good luck

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
A question like this got brought up when we all had a discusion at the Careers office. The answer was, if it is to do with drugs we dont want no drug dealers in our club! but if you were just out on a friday night and had a few fights we can work with your aggression and change it for the good!

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
A question like this got brought up when we all had a discusion at the Careers office. The answer was, if it is to do with drugs we dont want no drug dealers in our club! but if you were just out on a friday night and had a few fights we can work with your aggression and change it for the good!

Assuming of course the aggression didn't result in a charge of assault, community service and/or a fine.

We can only progress with you if your convictions are 'spent', you express remorse, & don't think for one minute that it's considered acceptable that anyone deliberately goes out to get involved in a fight- your application will be rather swiftly curtailed.

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Assuming of course the aggression didn't result in a charge of assault, community service and/or a fine.

We can only progress with you if your convictions are 'spent', you express remorse, & don't think for one minute that it's considered acceptable that anyone deliberately goes out to get involved in a fight- your application will be rather swiftly curtailed.

No i agree with you. I diddnt want to influence anyone to go out and beat people up to look more agressive, the sgt at the careers office did say you would have to fullfill your time if you had a criminal record and he said aslong as you have learned your lesson and so on..

chrismc

Resigned
Reaction score

yes it was assualt but am going to rt in jan thanks for the advice ;)