Grade C?!?!?

Discussion in 'PRMC Itself - The Results, The Latest News' started by mrnufc1105, Apr 12, 2018.

1. mrnufc1105

mrnufc1105 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    hi all,

A grade C, 16-20 points, what’s the score with this? How could someone in this bracket pass PRMC and get a start date? What else does it go off?

2. SCOTTY6

SCOTTY6 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    C pass, is still a pass. Depends on your gym scores, personal qualities, assault course time, and BFT time. They won’t tell you how the scoring system works because they don’t want you resting on your laurels if you think you have done the bare minimum to pass. They will want 110% at all times. If you train smart, it shouldn’t matter and you will pass anyway. However I have heard lads getting 16 points and still failing PRMC because the training team has considered them a risk to take into RT.

3. mrnufc1105

mrnufc1105 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    yeah I should be getting over 21 but I was just reading up on some revision notes and was unsure! Thanks

4. ThreadpigeonsAlpha

ThreadpigeonsAlpha Royal Marines Commando

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Whether or not you neglect the balls.

• Like Like x 3
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
    • Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1
  5. mrnufc1105

mrnufc1105 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I get what you mean but still require some extra explanation

6. posh_punter

posh_punter Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    I think there are some videos somewhere.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

As stated above, at present a pass is a pass and entry dates are allocated regardless of the level of pass.

You can, if you wish, defer entry until better prepared but I'd advise anyone with a grade C pass to crack-on and focus on keeping the phys going whilst waiting to commence recruit training.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  8. mrnufc1105

mrnufc1105 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Thanks Ninja!

9. mrnufc1105

mrnufc1105 Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    But to confirm, if you achieve a C grade you’ll be loaded into RT? I’m not saying I’m going to get a C, I’m just making sure I’m up to scratch on my knowledge

10. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

As ever, the problem with declaring minimums is that human nature makes the minimum the target rather than the maximum.

The advice, for those setting out to scrape a pass from the outset, is that you need to be capable of reaching above the bar to allow room to manoeuvre if you do not achieve personal bests in all criteria elements on the day. A knock, a bump, a scrape, poor form, lack of sleep, dehydration or a dodgy mindset on the day of the races will almost assuredly cost dear.

11. corvus

corvus Member

• Hoofin Hoofin x 3