great day yesterday..............

alan wilson

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
well most peeps would of heard that i failed my hearing test two weeks ago...

well..went back, passed that..so was over the moon...as its something i couldnt train for, and was out of my hands.

then my pre joining fitness test at 9pm...well not as good as i wanted.

been practicing this for a while...consistantly getting 9 mins 30 secs and a touch under..

got to the test feeling shattered...and the lady set the tread mill up....IT TOOK AN ICE AGE to speed up...it was a good 18 secs before it reached the pre set speed!!...started off at quick pace (once it got going)...but it was not in mph (as this is what i was used to)...so i dint really know the pace...any way got half way through and was knackered *text deleted*...so had to slow it down to catch my breath...then sprint the final 2 mins..

came in at a *text deleted* 9:50sec...slowest ive ever ever done it!!

thing is...my 3 mile best effort is 19 mins 31 secs....which is quicker than what i ran through my pjft...

and after the test no *text deleted*...i felt sick as a dog! for a good half hour...

any way all passed..and about time too..

prmc jan 8th...but and a big but..my afco is tryin to see if i can get on the 17th dec...but its all about paper work...so im thinking it will still be the 8th of jan..

so im finally a happy bunny!

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Im the opposite mate. I ran the test at my gym today to see how I do, and I got 9:30, and I could of did better. I was damn tired, but I know I could of did it in 9:00 or lower if I wanted too. However when running outside for the 3 mile best effort, Im hitting 24.30 :(.

alan wilson

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Ty said:
Im the opposite mate. I ran the test at my gym today to see how I do, and I got 9:30, and I could of did better. I was damn tired, but I know I could of did it in 9:00 or lower if I wanted too. However when running outside for the 3 mile best effort, Im hitting 24.30 :(.

im really not a fan if tread mills any more..

but sayin that my best ever time in the army for 1.5 mile was 9:26 sec

any way thats done now

gym bird was fit though...would of stuck it up her ballon knot!!

Globe-Trotter

PRMC Passed
Reaction score
Well done mate. :D

I run quicker on the road than I did on the treadmill on my PJFT,I can see why they do it on a treadmill to make it the same test for everyone (no hilly,getting PTI's down,different surfaces etc near AFCO's I assume?)

When you thinking of going for PRMC?

jamie.english

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Is the pre-joining test done at the AFCO that you've done all your stuff at?

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I prefer the treadmill, health wise. When I run outside my nose starts going, and I start coughing stuff up. Messes up with my pace, and my breathing. Damn allergies.

will

Reaction score
jamie.english said:
Is the pre-joining test done at the AFCO that you've done all your stuff at?

no mate its done at a local fitness centre either near u or at *text deleted* afco

will

alan wilson

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Globe-Trotter said:
Well done mate. :D

I run quicker on the road than I did on the treadmill on my PJFT,I can see why they do it on a treadmill to make it the same test for everyone (no hilly,getting PTI's down,different surfaces etc near AFCO's I assume?)

When you thinking of going for PRMC?

jan 8th :)

edd91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Since its turned cold its done me in summet un-real, when it was warm and i did my 4miler from work i new at what point the 1.5 mile was so when i got there each time had a gander see what i was getting it was around 10:15 ish, so i thought just push me self little bit more when i test me self on the 1.5 and when i did i got 9:58 :( and when i stopped i tried to drink i felt like it wanted to come back up again, i had to lay down and i mean its oinly 9:58 and am like waaaaaaaahhh and all the way round nearly i felt like i was breathing in poison, is it case of just getting use to the cold.

JK

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Alan i had the same problem with the tredmill. I'm used to kilo; but i done it on a MPH Machine, and i didn't notice till literally 9th minute, the trainer never really explained it to me.