Green Lid for sale on Ebay

james720

Reaction score
just browsing ebay and came across a green lid for sale, when i saw it i was a bit *text deleted**text deleted*ed off that who ever it is, is selling such a highly distiquesed item. just wondering what you all thought about this.

R. M. Pitt

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Hope none of you buy it apparently its bad luck to touch it before you earn it

james720

Reaction score
i wont goin 2. just wondering what people thought of it. like some bloke could buy it then boast that he's done the corse. just dont think its right that after all that has happened people can buy lids from any of the armed forces.

R. M. Pitt

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Chances are if anyone bought it it would be a Royal who's green lid is damaged or lost or maybe he just wants a spare and if anyone was to pretend to be a Royal then their only fooling themselves like seedy says anyone can wear a green beret but not many people can earn one

Luke023

Reaction score
i think marines would buy it. sometimes they need spares or just need another one.

i wouldnt cry about it.

Gixer600Dan

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
You can actually buy one down at the CTC. There £20 i think, if i remember rightly.

Gorillawizard

Reaction score
For the war and military memorabelia collector its probably quite a good find in my opinion. But if your actually trying to become a commando then yeah i can see the point that its stupid to be sold on ebay, as its a great acheivement to earn one the hard way and become part of the few who have. Personally i wouldn't buy one or even touch one until i earned it!

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
13 quid from some posh store apparantly
Bugger ebay *text deleted*