groin.. Again

aaron_murphy

Reaction score
ok as some of you already know, I pulled my groin back in June and have just recovered, I booked my RT entry date for October the 13th and have just started training again. Now the problem I have is I haven't pulled my groin again but it's been playing up, aching a lot. Now I'm thinking it might be to do with my posture or the way I walk as on both my running shoes I have only worn away the outside part of the heel of my shoe? Does anyone have any answers cause it's really making me feel down because no one believes the pain I'm in? Thanks

billybambino

Reaction score
did you adjust the way you walk when u did it to ease the pain, i know i did this when i pulled my ligament in my ankle, but it didnt last that long,

but i imagine if you did this for a long time you would start to walk like that, and this could be the start of the problem

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hey mate. I had the same thing a few times. Im really not sure what caused it, I was so freaked out thinking it was testicular cancer or something. My doctor said that it's more or less a hip mis-alignment issue, putting more force and pressing on one leg / hip. Might *text deleted* get it checked out mate !.

billybambino

Reaction score
i think i had the same thing when i was 11 then, i couldnt walk at all, and it was my groin that hurt like *text deleted**text deleted*e, i went to the hospital were a stayed for 4 days and they said it was something to do with my hip

after a few days it was fine though, never got the same problem again

aaron_murphy

Reaction score
if it is say something with my hip or the way I walk what do I do because I've been to a doctor twice who was useless and I payed over 300 quid for a private physio who also didn't do much ha. Any suggestions? Thanks

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Same mate, I've spent over $1000 and have never received an answer. I would suggest doing a gait test, so they can look at how you walk. Maybe that will give some answers.

simsie

Reaction score
mate, even go to your GP and ask them if you can see an NHS physio. That's what i'm doing for a groin injury.
Not being able to run is a *text deleted**text deleted*ter