Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Guidance notes for overseas applicants

Discussion in 'Overseas Section' started by Ninja_Stoker, Sep 11, 2009.

1. littlejoe

littlejoe New Member

Thanks bro

2. Gump

Gump Member

Do you have a dual nationality as I was under the impression Jamaicans could no longer join British armed forces?

3. Jcdoran

Jcdoran New Member

If your dad is british you should be able to file for a british passport through him. Just use your birth certificate and his if u have it

4. littlejoe

littlejoe New Member

Thanks for that information ok

5. littlejoe

littlejoe New Member

hey Jordan is this possible same way if he was born in Jamaica and he get his citizenship in England before he died,because his birth certificate would be showing that he was born in Jamaica and his british passports will be showing how he travels and they are stamp up as well

6. littlejoe

littlejoe New Member

Recruitment

I want to know if the British Navy do recruitment from other countries such as Jamaica if you are interesting in joining the Navy from a common wealth country and you are living in Jamaica.Anyone can give me the answer let me know please.Thank You.

7. OneMoreWrap

OneMoreWrap Member

Yes, commonwealth residents are able to apply for all 3 of the services (depending on the circumstances of your country)

8. littlejoe

littlejoe New Member

Would they send for you in your country as well like if i am in Jamaica?

9. littlejoe

littlejoe New Member

Share their Experience

I would like to know if anyone who join the Marine or the

10. littlejoe

littlejoe New Member

Share their Experiences

I would like to know if anyone who join the British Marine or the Army as a Jamaican and have to travel from Jamaica to do their selection and other recruitment test,to share their experience with me please and thank you so i could have a knowledge of how things work.

11. littlejoe

littlejoe New Member

What are the salary package for a British navy personnel as a beginneer or as a trainee.

12. OneMoreWrap

OneMoreWrap Member

?14,145 on entry.

It's all on the RN website.

13. littlejoe

littlejoe New Member

Thanks bro,but would that be on a monthly base or yearly salary without any deductions ?

14. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

15. revolutionary

revolutionary New Member

Hi, I checked the army website for information on commonwealth applications and I found this:

Service Liability Letters.
    Some countries require their nationals to carry out compulsory Military Service or Government Work. Applicants who are still liable for such service in their home countries are ineligible to join the British Army. Some applicants will require a letter confirming they are free of such service liability and that they have permission from their Government to join the British Army. Those countries are:
    Bermuda
    Botswana
    Cyprus (SBA, Republic) Malaysia
    Mozambique
    Singapore

I believe this applies to the naval service as well. I am from Singapore and I'd like to know how I can obtain the letters and permission of this sort.

16. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

It also applies to countries in which an overseas applicant may have voluntarily served in that countries Armed Forces, regular or reserves who may still be serving or are subject to recall.

All you need do is contact your local Armed Forces recruiting body & request written proof that there is no previous record of your having military service and you are not subject to (call-up if your country has conscription) recall and have no reserve liability.

Bear in mind your Armed Forces are under no statuary obligation to produce this letter, there is no standard format but you need it to join the UK Armed Forces, so be polite when explaining your circumstances and remember they are doing you a favour, not the other way around.

If you already have former military service in your country, you'll need to produce evidence of service & discharge category.

17. revolutionary

revolutionary New Member

In my country two years of full time national service (conscription) is mandatory. I'm not sure about reservist requirements (as there are many Singaporeans living overseas) but they seem pretty strict too. Singaporeans joining HM armed forces are extremely rare and there is no information on this sort of thing.

18. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Thanks for the feedback.Hopefully the answer in post 56 will assist.

19. revolutionary

revolutionary New Member

Hi,

Thanks Ninja.
    Apparently we have this thing in Singapore called exit permit and disruption to National Service. It excuses us (temporarily) from full time National service and reservist duty. Many Singaporeans who study abroad or work overseas apply to these permits. Although it is supposed to be temporary, many people simply extend their permits so that they can work overseas for long periods of time. Will presenting the certificates and documents for this permit be enough to fulfill the requirements?

20. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

It's as well to confirm this with the overseas desk at London AFCO: [email protected]