Gym use whilst in 32 weeks RT

JK

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Are we aloud to use the gym in the evenings or our time off ?

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
gym

Of course you are mate, but you may find that you don't need any extra fizz on top of your training schedule. However, being honest, I still used it in my spare time.

So I guess you can fill your boots.

All the very best

Steve

Macca

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
The PTI for the troop I was in said he would give us a 'extra phys' if he saw us using the gym without asking him first :shock: , but when we asked he was more than happy to allow us :D , but like steve said you want need to use the gym on top of the phys you will be getting down there unless you are struggling with the runs or upper body strength pal :wink:

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
The Royal Marines working with me confirm what Ste says & add that generally a lot of Recruits go to the gym to practice rope-climbs & suchlike as there's little time to practice the technique during the training syllabus.

JK

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Cheers lads for all the replies, its been playing on my mind, i just like to keep up on the bicep curls and pump my chest!! :D

Ulick

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
PAGreenwell said:
We got beasted on Tuesday night because the PTI saw lads in the gym before training.
He said the phys obviously wasn't hard enough if lads felt the need to go to the gym on training nights.

I was absolutely knackered afterwards, thanks lads :evil:

Although it must have been extra hard for them!
Ah that just toughens you up :twisted:

alan wilson

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i *text deleted* use the gym too....just to relax and chill.

and gain extra rope work