Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.
  1. Hodgo587

Hodgo587 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Hi, I’ve been training for the Royal Marines for the last few months. I’m going to the gym 6 days a week but one thing I’m struggling with is the weight work. Just looking for any advice. I’ve work out my 1rm every 4 weeks but at the start of this 4 week set I’ve struggled lifting the weight I the prmc plan instructs me to do. I’ve just about cracked the firm but am struggling to advance with the weight. I’m sure we’ve all been there when we’re at the gym and don’t feel like we’ve achieved what we needed. Any advice would be appreciated. I’ve tried to set myself back and repeat a week if I’ve needed to but I still can’t seem to advance my weight. Just wondering if this is because I’m lifting too much or my form is off. Thanks

2. Sly3

Sly3 Member

App Stage:
    Passed Medical
    When it come to weight work with what you are comfortable with but increase it by a small amount say you’ve got 30kg to squat and that’s what you good at and can max out 10 reps just add 2.5kg to 5kg and increase every week for the next 12 weeks. Subtle increments over the span of time, same goes for pull ups, press ups and sit ups add an extra 5 or try and crack till failure.

Nothing to be sad about no body is perfect and Rome wasn’t built in a day you’ll get there you are just overthinking it and going to hard to fast possibly. I’ve seen the workout for the PRMC and completed it, Adhere to what they say on it but work to what you can achieve currently and repeat weeks till you can progress further. Any way I hope helps I’m no expert but through sheer brute force if I can do it you can too, there’s nothing stopping you.

• Gucci Info Gucci Info x 1