Haircut

Luke023

Reaction score
is there any limit on how short you can have your hair for training, meaning turning up with a skinhead?

edd91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
seriously 3 i have mine on 0, 3 is way to long theres no point in having it cut

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
seriously 3 i have mine on 0, 3 is way to long theres no point in having it cut

I have mine 3 and for me that's bloody short considering the haircuts I've had over the past couple of years.

I know what you mean though I was *text deleted* have it shorter for RT,
my hair grows back quick and I'd prefer it shorter.

Joe

RossRobObey

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
3?! WTF.

When I did my hair a few weeks ago from about an inch long, I did it to a number 3 and looked like a total retard. 2 suits me MUCH better.

Luke023

Reaction score
blimey i am shocked about that one oh well thanks for clearing that up so quick, can see why your called ninja

JG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
If i have it same length all over i dont go past a number one or else it looks stupid and tennis ball head. if i have a short back and sides il have 0 on sides and 3 on top.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
blimey i am shocked about that one oh well thanks for clearing that up so quick, can see why your called ninja
:cool: Don't be fooled by the unfortunate choice of username, the only similarity between me & a Ninja is that I'm similar to the one in the Kung-fu Panda movie voiced by Jack Black (a cracking movie if you haven't seen it, *text deleted*)

Since you are going to visit the barber shop in Lympstone & pay for a haircut anyway you will rip yourself off if it's already too short.

The dress regulations state that "cult" haircuts are not allowed. There used to be an anecdotal tale that you had to have enough hair on your head to be pulled out of the water - a load of old cobblers obviously - otherwise bald people would be issued with a screw-on handle to affix to their bonce to cover such eventualities.

Anyway, it's a good question to ask on the RM LiveChat this afternoon.

Luke023

Reaction score
ill definately ask about it and post the answer on here

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Since you are going to visit the barber shop in Lympstone & pay for a haircut anyway you will rip yourself off if it's already too short.
exsqueeze me? i haven't paid for a hair cut in nearly ten years :cry:

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
So do you have to get the barber to cut your hair everytime you want in done during RT,
can't you do it yourself/get a mate to do it?

Joe

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
So do you have to get the barber to cut your hair everytime you want in done during RT,
can't you do it yourself/get a mate to do it?

Joe

You may wish to take your own 'leccy hair clippers as long as you ensure they are electrically tested safe to use, tagged as such and recorded in the Portable Electrical Equipment log at CTC.

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
damn... lots of regs to abide buy, a quick question.. during training can u use a laptop (which is my own) to contact family e.t.c at home through wireless internet?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Initially, you are advised not to take laptops, Ipods, portable DVD players & suchlike as they want everyone to integrate & mix rather than disappear into their own little world.

Later on your Troop Corporal will let you know when you can bring one back from weekend leave. To the best of my knowledge there is no wi-fi network at CTC, but there are internet linked computers which you will be able to access in your free time.

Bearing in mind the newer Wi-Fi mobile broadband networks can be accessed on a USB dongle and bought outright for around £50 on the 3G network (for example) on a PAYG basis - snag is they run on GPRS which has similar peak time access problems to the older dial-up internet connections- ALSO CTC has sketchy mobile phone network coverage so the advice is to test the ground when you join before you commit to buy a mobile broadband package.

Luke023

Reaction score
didnt get a reply on the live chat sadly, to many silly questions like, "how do you join the marines?" dont want to sound like a miserable bugger but many questions that were asked on that chat i thought people were just asking for the sake of asking a question.

not to worry as we can all seek advice from the ninja:praise:

smallzy

Reaction score
didnt get a reply on the live chat sadly, to many silly questions like, "how do you join the marines?" dont want to sound like a miserable bugger but many questions that were asked on that chat i thought people were just asking for the sake of asking a question.

not to worry as we can all seek advice from the ninja:praise:

i know eh. one of the questions was, "i'm 14 how do i join the sas"