Hand Pain

PrmcOjay

Reaction score
Sometimes if i do a circuit and do lots of push ups i feel a a pain in my hand in press up postion which is not good news seeing that theres hella lot of push ups it feels like a trapped nerve maybe any suggestions?

:)

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Hiya mate,

When you say you get a pain in your hand, do you mean specifically your wrist? If so this is quite common when doing lots of push ups. The reason for this is that your entire upper body weight rests on your wrist when your in the press up position, hence you may feel the strain/pain.

You can try mixing your normal sets of press ups and do some on your knuckles, this will take the strain of your wrist joint for a bit at least.

I would say though mate, people can offer advice/info on these kind of things but the only way to be sure there isnt a more under lying problem is to consult a doctor/sports physio, if the problem persist you should probably contact one of them.

Shiloh79

PrmcOjay

Reaction score
erm

Its a kind of tingleing sensation mixed with shooting pains on the bottom left hand side of my left hand

the tingling sensation is simular to pins and needles sorry my description was poor before i was in a rush :)

Mackie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Do you use a PC at work or at home often?

What kind of angle is your wrist at when you're using your PC?

I had a similar problem as a result of the angle my wrist was at when using the PC. I've adjusted this so that my ankle is rested when I use the PC and not at an unnatural angle for long periods and it went away after a few days.

If it's anything similar to what I had I hope this helps.

PrmcOjay

Reaction score
Thanks you could just be right i sometimes play online games often which means my left hand resting on the keyboard and my fingers pressing
w,s,a,d for long periods of time i think you might just be correct thanks :D

:sleeping: