Hangover Cure

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
As bootnecks we worked hard we trained hard and we played hard and these years on, although the frequency and content of some of these aspects has sensibly reduced I still apply same.

After working all week and training in the Dojo and gym I like to let my hair down on weekends and drink copious amounts of my favourite brew: 1664 Lager. 8) :D

Occasionally this results in a hangover the following day and for years I've always started the days with a full fried breakfast as part of the cure. :eek:ops:

Quite recently I've learned this is a great remedy and works as follows: :D

Fry-up
After a hard night's boozing, your digestive system is under a lot of strain, so bacon, sausages and the works may cause indigestion, but fat contains lots of calories, so you will get a much-needed energy boost.
And eggs and meat are rich in the amino acid, cysteine, which is thought to be good at clearing out toxins.

So does it work?
Yes-ish, but it wouldn't hurt to get some of the food grilled. :D

Cheers

Steve

Chris5818

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Thats one thing i noticed when reading "Amoungst the Marines" steve mate, how the hell you managed to get up on a morning after some of the nights you had shocked me! it's hard enough at home mate and setting my alarm after a night out.

Or is it the fact everyones in the same situation so you just have to crack on, and it doesn't seem as bad?.

Anyway good book mate, don't think i've ever said.

Take it easy.

Ulick

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I cure hangovers by not getting them....don't drink at all, I must be along with my Dad the only 2 Irishmen on the planet who don't :*text deleted*: ....I'm going to be an oddball in RM's :eek:ops:

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
Beer

Chris: I did write in my first book about the unwritten rule which was: you can drink as much as you want as long as you can get up and do your job with 100% the next day. I'm well drilled in this arena so no probs for me guys.

Once after a big sesh on the pish we had a BFT the next day. Myself and a few others turned up stinking of booze and were sweating before we started. There were about 20 of us at the beginning and we ran the first 1 & 1/2 miles together. On the way back it was a free run and I dug deep and burst into a very fast pace. I was eventually only pipped coming first at the finishing line because the guy behind me cheated and cut across the grass instead of staying on the road. We laughed about that at the end and he asked me how the hell I do it. I told him, pouring beer down my throat was like filling a car with petrol and he just shook his head and smiled. :roll: :D

Even today I still have this ability when working out in the gym on a Sunday morning. :D

However: Please do remember the unwritten rule as it is important. 8)

Ulick: Its not a negative thing not drinking mate. If I'd been a tee totaller I'd have avoided getting into all kinds of trouble. :twisted: :evil: :shock: :) :D

Each to their own I guess guys, but if you do like a good slurp, give the full fried english breakfast a shot the next day. It is a bootneck remedy after all. :wink: And don't forget, if you are doing fizz afterwards, give your stomach at least an hour to digest it. :)

Cheers

Steve

ICTTech

Reaction score
two cans of iron bru for me . must be cans doesn't work with bottles

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
I like the iron bru but can't train after drinking that stuff, that's dynamite that stuff

Phoenix

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Sex mad passionate sex *text deleted* it takes *text deleted* mind off how *text deleted* feeling :-D

Mikey

Reaction score
A bottle of lucozade sport and a bacon, sausage and egg sarnie with half a bottle of HP sloshed around keeps the projectile vomiting at bay :D

Sam

Reaction score
Half a dozen fried eggs,covered in branston pickle and another can of beer.
Sounds crap,but then again Ive never suffered from a hangover,it just tastes good :*text deleted*: :*text deleted*:
Thats whats in store for you Steve when we finally meet :shock: :shock:

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
Mezy Marinaky

Sam, Opps,
good to hear from you. Sounds good to me. Egg banjos whilst getting shiters and egg banjos the following day, followed by more copious amounts of beer. Slurp.

Also: I'm not sure if I told you but "Amongst The Marines" has slotted its way through the Iron Curtain and been released in the Czech Repuplic.

I'm quite chuffed about that because Adolf Hitler couldn't break burst his way into there!! As for ROYAL, nothings impossible!! 8)

http://www.oldag.cz/katalog.php?edice=f&kniha_id=95&autor_id=39

All the very best mate

Steve :D

lord_carl

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
How much have you made off these books? Must b a bob or two

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
Finances

Lord Carl: That my friend is a personal question and is a need to know basis.

If you have a habit of asking people's personal finances it would be good to break it soon as it can get you into a lot of trouble.

Try it out: Start asking people how much their mortgages are or how much they get paid!!

When someone asks you personal questions that are really none of their business you wonder if in reality they have ambitions to become investigators!

Who know's one day you may work for the Royal Marines Police!! I once did!! :shock: :D

Good Luck with that.

The answer to your question my friend is: I wouldn't tell a Bobby that!! :D

All the very best

Steve

Phoenix

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Is that not a bit harsh Lord_carl? Everyone is entitled to their privacy mate :-D

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
Morel

There a Morel in what I wrote Carl. If you didn't understand it, you will at some point in your life. It wasn't a condesending reply mate, just a valid point about life.

As you progress through life, you'll meet all kinds of people, who'll want to know your business. How much is your mortgage, how much do you earn, how much debt do you have etc etc.

In truth its none of their business and those kind of questions are too personal to ask. My opinion anyway.

When someone asks me these types of questions I usually reply with, why do you want to know? Are you a Bobby?

Or, Is your wife a good shag. :shock:

To this question they normally say, "that's a bit personal."

And I say, "Yes I know."

and the personal questioning generally finds its limit and stops. :x :roll: :wink: :D

So, don't take offence with my response. That wasn't my intention.

All the very best :D

Steve

Sam

Reaction score
Steve,good to see you branching into other countries.
Check your Pms.
Sam

Roddie

Reaction score
Haha, more posts in the "Hangover" thread than most others.
I like.

After a bender, I love a thick as bacon sandwich and a Red Bull or 2.
but mind you, i dont get hangovers, it just tastes good. :twisted:

Roddie,

king_louie37

Reaction score
what

Don't get hangovers? You clearly haven't been on a REAL bender then! I'm with you on the fry-up though. Also I'm a strong believer in the hair of the dog method, it's nasty at first but does the trick for me!

Roddie

Reaction score
I had a free house for 2 weeks, £250 to spend on what I choose (Strongbow, about 20 crates). Haha, and that included much hair of the dog. I'd say thats a pretty good bender. :*text deleted*: *text deleted*

Anyone else have some crazy nights out/etc?

Roddie,

edd91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Well i aint a big drinker my self but i just like to go over to the sarnie shop on the weekend and grabbing a bacon and sausage sarny with a cuppa (milk, two sugars,perfect).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BrigRat Hangover cure? Jollies Bar 20
W Hangover cure? Jollies Bar 44
PRMBenjey1993 Hangover Cures Jollies Bar 2