Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Has anyone ever passed with an over 10 minute run time?

Discussion in 'PRMC Diaries' started by ADCFC1999, Feb 26, 2020.

1. ADCFC1999

ADCFC1999 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Assuming they make up for it in the gym? Its a stupid question and I know its all about 100% max effort im just genuinally curious nothing more thank you

2. Johnny_Anonie

Johnny_Anonie Moderator

The entry criteria is a standard that must be adhered to.

Before you can join you'll have to pass the Royal Marines’ Pre-Joining Fitness Test, which involves completing two 2.4km runs on a treadmill that is set to a 2% incline. The first run must be completed in less than 12 minutes 30 seconds. You will then have a one-minute break before completing the second run in under 10 minutes and 30 seconds. This time is the absolute minimum requirement, and the expectation is that you will record the best time possible.

If you are invited on to a PRMC the current standard for running is annotated on the careers page as follows ;

You need to complete a 4.8km run in two parts. You'll have to run the first 2.4km as a group in under 12 minutes and 30 seconds. The pace is set by your Physical Training Instructor and serves as warm up. Then you’ll run the second 2.4km as quickly as you can, with a minimum requirement of less than 11 minutes 15 seconds. This will be conducted outside, and you will have a one-minute break between each run.

Remember- Royal Marines Commandos are an elite fighting force. You’ll be faced with exacting standards that you’ll need to meet and exceed if you’re to prove you can hack it as a Royal Marines Commando. Most of these tests have a minimum requirement, but it is a key part of the Royal Marines ethos to push to the limit, regardless of what is acceptable.

Good luck.

• Like Like x 4
    • Nailed It Nailed It x 2
  3. Canty95

Canty95 Active Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Few did on mine and a few lads in my troop are getting over 10. But obviously they excel in the other areas

• Like Like x 2