Have i got this right?

Lloydy101

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Sir,

have i got this right?...so you have succesfully passed out of lympstone as an officer! where you sould go on to an operational unit eg: Afghanistan...to command a troop. this is for 6 months.

you then come back home with which ever unit you were in eg 40 commando. then performing general duties like troop commander at CTCRM as a lieutenant.

do you then fullfill duties, training, apply for courses and things like that till your unit gets posted back on operations??

thanks for your time! im sure this has been said countless times!

cheers

Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure what you mean. You will leave training (Phase One) in Dec and join one of the 4 Units (40,42,45 or FPG). If the Unit goes to Afghanistan or is currently in Afghan then thats where you will go. If they are in the UK doing pre-deployment training then you will do that, if they are in the Phillipines doing amphibious stuff then you'll do that. What you do is dependent on the Unit.
The following Dec you will be relieved by another Young Officer straight out of training and the cycle starts again. You will go to another job as a Capt/Lt. This could be taking a Recruit Troop through training or any other host of jobs, it depends on what you want to do, and what the Corps wants you to do!
Does that make it clearer?

Lloydy101

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
cheers sir! exactly what i wanted to here!

now i understand.

but when you are doing the other jobs as capt/Lt will you still have to do pre deployment training? and get the oppertunity to go on another operational tour?

thank you

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Cheers Sir! Exactly what I wanted to hear!

Now I understand.

But, when you are doing the other jobs as Capt/Lt, will you still have to do pre-deployment training and get the opportunity to go on another operational tour?

Thank you
The answer is yes to both parts of the question.

Whilst not having a go or wishing to be disparaging: Now compare the amended quote above to the original post - if you want to be an officer, your written work needs to be 100% top line too.

Quite often graduates join as Other Ranks, and Officers may join without a degree - imagine the impression the Other Ranks would get if they saw a report, written orders or even a charge sheet written by a superior officer that was sloppy or inaccurate.

It's certainly not our intention to become the "Grammar Police" on here, far from it, but just wish to illustrate a point without offending any aspiring Officer candidate.

Meticulous attention to detail is the key.

Lloydy101

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
cheers lads!

a constructive criticism as i like to call it!! haha