Have we got any bikers on the forum then?

Globe-Trotter

PRMC Passed
Joined
Jun 25, 2007
Posts
326
Reaction score
0
Anyone?

I sold my GTO 2 months ago (due to not wanting it laid up while im away)

I passed my direct access last month and got this the day I passed!


 

H00L3Y D4N

Active Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2007
Posts
66
Reaction score
0
Hell Yeah

Hi matey. yeh im a biker too, im on a restricted license unfortuanatley. im looking at getting the same one as youve got, mint bike mate, or maybe the R6, what do you reckon to the gixxer then?
 

Globe-Trotter

PRMC Passed
Joined
Jun 25, 2007
Posts
326
Reaction score
0
Re: Hell Yeah

H00L3Y D4N said:
Hi matey. yeh im a biker too, im on a restricted license unfortuanatley. im looking at getting the same one as youve got, mint bike mate, or maybe the R6, what do you reckon to the gixxer then?
Well this is my first bike (I had a DT125 8 years ago) but im fairly happy with it-plenty fast enough for me :*text deleted*:
 

Lshort1988

Valuable Contributor
Joined
Sep 24, 2007
Posts
156
Reaction score
1
thats pretty mint GT, hmm i think an akrapovic or some other race can would do nicely on there too 8)
 

Globe-Trotter

PRMC Passed
Joined
Jun 25, 2007
Posts
326
Reaction score
0
Lshort1988 said:
thats pretty mint GT, hmm i think an akrapovic or some other race can would do nicely on there too 8)
Ive got a Scorpion Titanium coming,should have been sent out on Monday so should be here soon! :D
 

H00L3Y D4N

Active Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2007
Posts
66
Reaction score
0
.

ive seen some knocking round for about 2K, is it 97? just a general question GT but where does the power really kick in? and how does it perform in the lower revs. i ask due to getting a restriction being put in which will effect high end.
 

Globe-Trotter

PRMC Passed
Joined
Jun 25, 2007
Posts
326
Reaction score
0
Re: .

H00L3Y D4N said:
ive seen some knocking round for about 2K, is it 97? just a general question GT but where does the power really kick in? and how does it perform in the lower revs. i ask due to getting a restriction being put in which will effect high end.
I paid 2k for my '97 (it was up for 2395-winter dealing was needed!).It was from a Suzuki dealer with Full history and reciepts for everything ever done on it-and its FULL POWER!

The SRAD's are notorious for not having much low down power but once you hit about 6k you just *text deleted* hang on because all hell breaks loose :*text deleted*: .I think youre better off getting something else if its *text deleted* be restricted to be honest,as I think the low rev issue will put you off.
 

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Joined
Jul 19, 2007
Posts
440
Reaction score
0
I love the bikes Mate. I have a CBR 600 , I'll post a pic sometime. My father use to race professionally. I got a pic of him and his bike too, I'll post it as well. You won't believe it, but hes a 55 year old with a Suzuki hayabusa 1300 cc, fastest street bike since he took out the limiter. I've been on the back when he's hit 320 km/h. Scary stuff !.
 

Globe-Trotter

PRMC Passed
Joined
Jun 25, 2007
Posts
326
Reaction score
0
Ty said:
I love the bikes Mate. I have a CBR 600 , I'll post a pic sometime. My father use to race professionally. I got a pic of him and his bike too, I'll post it as well. You won't believe it, but hes a 55 year old with a Suzuki hayabusa 1300 cc, fastest street bike since he took out the limiter. I've been on the back when he's hit 320 km/h. Scary stuff !.
I looked at the CBR's but went for a gixer instead-ive always liked them though a bit harsh on the wirsts because it is basically a racebike where I found the CBR was a bit more upright,some people dont like the 'fat ass' of the SRAD's but I like it :shock: That doesnt mean i like 'fat ass's' on anything else of course :wink:

I like the Hyabusa's but I think I may go for a k5/6/7 GSXR 1000 next
 

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Joined
Jul 19, 2007
Posts
440
Reaction score
0
Yea the busa handles heavy, its a heavy bike, but in the straight line, nothing can really beat it.

My dad was telling me the 1000 is a GREAT bike. However, a 600 is really the best. Fast as you really need, and can handle so good cause it's light.
 

Globe-Trotter

PRMC Passed
Joined
Jun 25, 2007
Posts
326
Reaction score
0
Ty said:
My dad was telling me the 1000 is a GREAT bike. However, a 600 is really the best. Fast as you really need, and can handle so good cause it's light.
I was tempted to go for a 750 or maybe a 1000 but i was told just the same that a 600 will handle a lot better and especially now the law is sooo tight for speeding you might as well ride a moped! :*text deleted*:

Even on a 600,open the throttle and a few seconds later youre up into 3 figures so for me a 600 made perfect sense!
 

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Joined
Jul 19, 2007
Posts
440
Reaction score
0
Exactly. I like the digital speed display on the CBR, so stupid, but it was a selling point for me haha. Yea 600 is all you need buddy, fast enough. Even here in Canada they are going insane on the speed laws. You can get a $2000 charge for going over the limit by 30 km/h. Not hard at all to do on a bike.
 

Globe-Trotter

PRMC Passed
Joined
Jun 25, 2007
Posts
326
Reaction score
0
Ty said:
Exactly. I like the digital speed display on the CBR, so stupid, but it was a selling point for me haha. Yea 600 is all you need buddy, fast enough. Even here in Canada they are going insane on the speed laws. You can get a $2000 charge for going over the limit by 30 km/h. Not hard at all to do on a bike.
they just take your license away and fine you as well over here :cry:

And its set to get worse when they implement tougher points penalty's.

Not that i speed of course :wink: theys a time and a place for that sort of thing.
 

H00L3Y D4N

Active Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2007
Posts
66
Reaction score
0
.

im thinking of getting the invincible restrictors put in, i ride everyday but dont *text deleted* whether to risk the rozzers. yeah i know what you mean bout the power kick in, my dads got the zx10r, JEZZZZZUZ thats quick.its not that the restriction restricts it revving it just slows the airflow, maybe ill get the cbr400rr or drz400 instead
 

pompey606

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2007
Posts
134
Reaction score
0
yeah i got me cbr 125 at the mo, as soon as i pass im going to try get a cbr 600rr or a gixer, i worked changing tyres at a motorcycle fast fit centre which made me turn, plus me dad loves bikes but he likes the old kind...the r6 is my fav bike but only the older models, my old neighbour had a new r6 and i dont rate it as much as the old, less reliable one!
 

Globe-Trotter

PRMC Passed
Joined
Jun 25, 2007
Posts
326
Reaction score
0
jamie.english said:
I ride a 2005 yamaha R6, i love it!
Goodman!

I nearly went for an R6 but went Gixer instead. :wink: Plus the insurance was a bit cheaper being an older bike

Are you keeping it for a while or getting something else soon?
 

H00L3Y D4N

Active Member
Joined
Nov 4, 2007
Posts
66
Reaction score
0
.

ah cool jamie. where the power kick in at that? about 10000 revs insnt it? wats it like lower down revs ( up to 10000)?i ask due to restrictors being put in if i get it. DAMN IT!

Cheers
Dan
 

pompey606

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2007
Posts
134
Reaction score
0
went to the motorcyle and scooter show today, up at the nec in birmingham, was very cool, the new r6 is mint, the nose is new, the tail is new, its very thin and spikey, very cool indeed! saw charley boorman and adam west. the new gixer is well... a gixer... same with the cbr. kawasaki are doing a 250 ninja.. very nice indeed. they had charley and cladios bike from long way down, charleys was in good nick few scratches... but claudios, spelling sorry, was in a mess and a half! chunks of metal missing brilliant! the live stuff is pretty lame... nothing liek jeremy clarkson and crew at mph show. if anyone can get to its running a week and a bit. good show
 

jamie.english

Valuable Contributor
Joined
Nov 14, 2007
Posts
354
Reaction score
0

Here it is! 2005 Yamaha R6!

I believe power really kicks in around 6,000 RPM. It's fast as crap. It's a bit too cold to ride it right now. I actually have it for sale, I'm currently living in the USA and I'm moving back to England in 3 weeks.

The petrol mileage is excellent on the bike. It cruises nicely around 2,000rpm. And when you need to over take a car or whatever, you don't even need to kick it down a gear. Its AWESOME!!

Here's some of my other stuff, enjoy.

2006 Suzuki LTR-450. The first quad to be fuel injected. The power is amazing.



 
Similar threads



Top