Hay fever...

recruit clements 1988

Reaction score
Alreet lads, just a quick question to pose. Are you exempt from service if you have hayfever. I dont no for sure yet but plan to get tested soon. There was nothing about hayfever in the medical advice that ninja posted, atleast i dont think so. Any answers..
cheers

M

marcsteele08

I also am affected by this.
As it only seasonly affects people, I don't think this correct.
After all, it does not affect your capability of performing tasks - and it can be kept under control by prescribed medicines.
Marc.

Brucey1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I get it pretty bad mate, and i've had to declare it 3 or 4 times so far. I start Rt in june so you shouldn't have a problem mate. I just hope it doesn't play up when i'm there. "I cant do that today corporal, my hayfever's really bad. I'll catch up with you all tomorrow"

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Allergies such as Hayfever can be a potential problem for Royal Marines, depending on the severity of the condition. Severe hayfever is definitely going to be a problem when you consider that much of your time is going to be spent in the field. Without doubt however, there are mild sufferers already serving.

The rough rule of thumb is that you must be able to cope without the need for medication and any medicine, if taken, must not affect your ability to undertake your job.

I have previously heard of people opting to join the RN due to the fact that the likelihood of hayfever is considerably reduced at sea.

am19

Reaction score
Dont like the sound of that!! Id be gutted if my hayfever ruined my chances of becoming a royal marine!!