Hayfever

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
Does any one know if the Royal Marines consider hayfever as a medical condition?

Will this bar entry?

AdmiralAwesome

Reaction score
"Due to goal difference we lost out on a place in the Semi-Final of the Tunney cup, so we were then entered into the Plate Competition and were up against a strong 42 Cdo. It was a hot day, the pitch was hard and the ball was bouncing around all over the place which is why some touches were a little off and nothing to do with the 11hr bender the team had been on, however before the game their were some very good excuses - Mne Joe Dixon “my eyes look like this due to hay fever!”. At half time were 2-0 up due to some great moves down the left from Cpl ‘Roadrunner Jackson’ and the team were feeling comfortable. In the second half we had a lot of chances but sadly, even with a head the size of a 12 by 12, Cpl ‘Locky Lockheart’ still couldn’t put the ball in the net. Mne Connet was then brought on and within 2 minutes put us 3-0 up which ended up being the final score and through to the final of the plate we went where we would play CHF."

Just did a quick google search, found this on the Royal Navy site. Ninja will have better advice, but this might put your mind at ease untill he gets on.

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Depends, if its got the wart like mine ... the doc took a sniff and said it was fine on my medical.

Babybell

Reaction score
I havent been suffering form heyfever for awhile, then guess what. Over the last couple of days Ive been getting a runny nose and a sore right eye. Thankfully I have never suffered from serve hay fever, but Im not happy its decided to turn up now :(

When I was thinking about going RAF Reg, I had to fill in a seperate form about heyfever so chances are the RMs are going to have something similar.

Edit: Didnt they ask you about it in the medical?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
You need to be careful comparing the medical standards for entry with those currently serving as they are quite different.

If a condition arises after you have joined, wherever possible the Corps will continue to employ you, however depending on severity certain conditions can be a bar to entry.

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
I dint have it when i applied last year, this year its started to affect me for the first time in my life.

Personally, im just going to shut me trap, and take the over the counter remidies. Even at RT

SR

Reaction score
Beconase nasal spray from superdrug. Great stuff.

Paul-M

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Just think whenever hayfever bothers you during training it won't be long until you're dunked under water anyway =D

CommandoJ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I havent been suffering form heyfever for awhile, then guess what. Over the last couple of days Ive been getting a runny nose and a sore right eye. Thankfully I have never suffered from serve hay fever, but Im not happy its decided to turn up now :(

When I was thinking about going RAF Reg, I had to fill in a seperate form about heyfever so chances are the RMs are going to have something similar.

Edit: Didnt they ask you about it in the medical?
don't worry mate same happening to me and some of my friends, are noticing this Greek "hayfever". I havnt had it for ages but came on in the last few days. Strange huh.

Anyone else felt this?
Cj

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
don't worry mate same happening to me and some of my friends, are noticing this Greek "hayfever". I havnt had it for ages but came on in the last few days. Strange huh.

Anyone else felt this?
Cj
JUst out of interest what did you need 4 years clearence for on your medical? PM me if its something personal like cock rot, or bum burner.

xBRETHERTONx

Reaction score
I had seriously bad hayfever during my PRMC last week starting on the 3rd of June.

I passed, but hayfever made everyday a lot harder for me and sleeping was a ball ache, not only for me but for Partridge who I was sharing a bunk with as all I did was snor like a reet *text deleted**text deleted**text deleted**.

Im going docs this week to get me an injection to sort it out, cause I canny be bov'd joinin in september looking like a snotty rat.

CommandoJ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
its for sabotage plans *text deleted*

Nah its four years this July for asthma symptoms mate.

Geordie

Reaction score
Good morning gents

A good tip when training outdoors if you suffer from hayfever is to rub vaseline underneath your nostrils and around your eyes. It catches the pollen and stops it irritating the hell out of you when running etc. It also stops sweat dripping into your eyes which is a bonus.

Cheers

Geordie

Reaction score
Sorry X, I only found out about it myself Saturday just gone. Tried it yesterday and today and it's definitely made a difference, although the missus is no longer keen on a goodbye kiss when I leave the gaff to run - can't see why she's not keen on the stubble, coffee and vaseline combo personally.
Cheers

Babybell

Reaction score

Anyone else felt this?
Cj
Hummm very intresting that this seems to happen. Come to think of it a couple of my family members who didnt suffer, have been having the odd sniffle in recent years.

That sounds like a good idea Geordie, I'll have to try it out...once I can start running again.

CommandoJ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Hummm very intresting that this seems to happen. Come to think of it a couple of my family members who didnt suffer, have been having the odd sniffle in recent years.
yer its weird, maybe a really strong set of pollen we have this year, hu knows?

bit of water though does the trick, said to be high last few days, so thats maybe why.

CJ

Sitmus

Reaction score
I get bad hayfever also.

Take benadrill, cost a bit but they're the best! 1 tablet a day, and i'm free of it. No sneezing, or eye rubbing at all!