hayfever

caliba

Reaction score
hi im about to start the aplication process and as far as i know i have nothing to set me back. my only concern is that i have hayfever and cant actually find out if this will stop me entering.

J

Jason_A

You will need to learn to control it. Otherwise, your application may be turned down. If I were you, I'd go down to your local AFCO and ask them -- they know more! ;)

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
hi im about to start the aplication process and as far as i know i have nothing to set me back. my only concern is that i have hayfever and cant actually find out if this will stop me entering.

Hold fire, im checking if we are allowed to have the hayfever jab.....it covers you the whole season

xBRETHERTONx

Reaction score
The jab has to be done before the season starts.

I have *text deleted**text deleted*ing well bad hayfever and I got through my PRMC so it's reet. Just take some tissue from the bog and put in your pocket. Gym test's ain't to great when you got snot beamin down your face and they wont let you wipe it haha!

Get yoself some eyedrops and one of them sniffer things to clear your nasal passage and you'll be reet.

Freddo

Reaction score
i heard it will only stop u if its bad enough to affect your breathing i.e wheezing n stuff

am19

Reaction score
my doc said they dont do the jab in the uk no more the ba*text deleted**text deleted**

LukeJillings

Reaction score
my doc sed they dont do it enymore bcas it makes yur balls srink and can make you impertant *text deleted*

jeremy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
It's just a really strong steroid injected in your buttcheek. Try seeing different GPs because they all have different opinions on it and you might get lucky.

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
It's just a really strong steroid injected in your buttcheek. Try seeing different GPs because they all have different opinions on it and you might get lucky.

The drugs called Ketalog (i think) Its a receptive steriod jab, i.e. it helps the little receptors deal with pollen. It is on the doping list but they do still alow it.

And it wont make your balls shrink!

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Just spoken with our Medical Examiner (ME)who advises that providing you are not suffering from hayfever to the extent it physically prevents you from doing your job in the field and you notify your AFCO ME of the medication you are on before you join, you should not worry unduly.

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
Right all....had my jab today.

Its working within the hour.

Its Kenalog, but you have to really suck up to your doctor before you have it.

*text deleted**NOTE: Do not have this jab unless you have prior permission with you AFCO, dont take things as i say....each person is different, each AFCO will assess in the right way*text deleted**

Windy_Chris

Reaction score
Missed this thread before, just out of interest Stacka how bad is your hayfever? did normal meds (Piriton, clarityn etc) not work? just could be worth myself enquring about this kenalog at the docs.

Nutty_Edwards

Reaction score
I have bad Hayfever throughout the summer but if i was in you position i would have the jab.

The ony reason is that sometimes when takin piriton i sometimes think that it has no effect, so i would have the jab, because then you know, it will work.

But the best thing before making any decision about what to do, is like most people have said on here, check with your local AFCO first.

All the best

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
Missed this thread before, just out of interest Stacka how bad is your hayfever? did normal meds (Piriton, clarityn etc) not work? just could be worth myself enquring about this kenalog at the docs.

My hayfever was *text deleted**text deleted*, i was like a *text deleted**text deleted*ing dribbling puff. It hit me bad.....*text deleted* never had hayfever before....and i just went round in a state of male PMT wanting to hit anything that crossed my path. One jab and i was fine after that.

You have to really plead with your doctor though.

New Threads