Hearing tests

Dan

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Anybody know how they test your hearing at the medical? And are they strict on hearing?

I've never had any problems as such, but then again, I don't think I've ever had my hearing tested, so I don't know how good (or bad) my hearing is.

Cheers

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Eh?

They basically stick some 1940's headphones on your bonce, blast out a few different squeaks & burps at different frequencies & volumes in your Port & Starboard lugs & as long as you get the right timing & right side, you've passed.

If you fail, it maybe because you've been listening to your iPod too loudly, too recently & you may have to re-take, but as long as you can hear font size 8, Times New Roman, italic, you'll be fine.

MAXPAIN

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
they put these massive ww2 headphones on your head and you *text deleted* try and hear the nazi's coming and as soon as you hear them you press the detonater and scream ''quick before zi germans get hier''

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
you point on some headphones, and you have to listen to some low and high pitch noises, when you hear them you press a RED button on a detonator kind of device.

Dan

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Cheers guys.

It doesn't seem too scientific!

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted*, mine wasnt i could hear this click just before the noise each time so it kind of gave the game away...

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
yeah, but i thought i'd point out it's not a detonator, last thing you want is someone going there and being too scared to press the button...it could happen

Mack15

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Unless it was terry taliban , they would be use to that sort of thing.

MAXPAIN

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
on a serious note: its best to close your eyes whilst doing it, and click at the slightest sound even if your not sure just click

''use the force''

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
*text deleted*, mine wasnt i could hear this click just before the noise each time so it kind of gave the game away...
Possibly your test was conducted differently as you should indicate which lug the sound was in also.

Best bet is to tell them they got it wrong & demand a new test only much harder this time around.

That aught to do it.

a flying dodo

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
They blindfold you, spin you round 7 times. Then a silent ninja punches you until you can point to where he is.

Good luck.

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Possibly your test was conducted differently as you should indicate which lug the sound was in also.
Best bet is to tell them they got it wrong & demand a new test only much harder this time around.
That aught to do it.
funnily enough they did say i was getting "special" treatment, i just thought it was *text deleted* i wore my nice dress... balls

M

MTW

keep your mouth open, its what cats do or some *text deleted**text deleted*. but yea sometimes there is a pattern aswell so i guess you could kind of guess when the beep is *text deleted* be...if your deaf as *text deleted*, but they change it up alot, also the bit that gets trippy is when it gets really really quiet and you dont *text deleted* if its actually a beep or its just like the little noises that are in your head its that quiet, but still bleep if your not sure *text deleted*