Heart Murmur

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
hi people, this is for anyone who has suffered severe heart pain/problems, any doctors! right, I understand heart murmers are hereditary, thing is, my dad failed his medical something like 14 times because of his heart murmer back in the 80's for the army and my mam has one too!

sometimes when i go running i honestly feel i have been stabbed in the heart! its always on the left side of my chest and sometimes when i go to breathe in hard i get REALLY bad pain in my heart area and i can hardly breathe properly, I went for a jog yesterday and had to stop because of this pain! i dont always get it though, i think another factor may be because i am so tall 6"4' and i do weight training everyday! I just sh1t myself incase i get this terrible pain while doing PJFT but i dont want to go to doctors or anything because i dont want to fail the app process!

I NEED HELP

M1664

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
........dude....go to the doctors. fair enough keeping a knee injury quiet or something....but its your heart man. and with yor family history you NEED to get it checked out. on the offchance that it might be a problem, they can treat it....better than having your heart fail halfway through the determination test! im not a doctor but having stabbing pains in your left side after exercise is something to deffinatly not keep quiet!

USMC 1802

US Marines Officer
Reaction score
This sounds like something to do with your pleura (the membrane between your lungs and your ribs). When you inhale, the pain becomes more severe, like a stabbing in your 'heart,' but is actually the pleura rubbing against your ribs (or something). As far as I know, it's nothing too serious, but then again, I'm not a doctor.

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
........dude....go to the doctors. fair enough keeping a knee injury quiet or something....but its your heart man. and with yor family history you NEED to get it checked out. on the offchance that it might be a problem, they can treat it....better than having your heart fail halfway through the determination test! im not a doctor but having stabbing pains in your left side after exercise is something to deffinatly not keep quiet!

*text deleted*, i am a fu'cking walking disaster! i have recently put my right elbow out in the gym so i cant do many pressups, my right knee has been playing up a bit recently and i have a broken heart! *text deleted*

i honestly thought to myself yesterday, if things keep up with the way they are, is it worth me continuing with my application? i feel my cardio has really badly suffered, and i just feel im *text deleted* waste everyones time going for the Rm now!

M1664

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted*, i am a fu'cking walking disaster! i have recently put my right elbow out in the gym so i cant do many pressups, my right knee has been playing up a bit recently and i have a broken heart! *text deleted*

i honestly thought to myself yesterday, if things keep up with the way they are, is it worth me continuing with my application? i feel my cardio has really badly suffered, and i just feel im *text deleted* waste everyones time going for the Rm now!

*text deleted* dont start feeling sorry for yourself, chin up, just get to the doctors and explain whats happening and they will sort it out. it might be something really small, or it might be something that would have been alot worse if you had not have got it seen to. then take it from there.

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i feel jelous now when i see people on here post their best times! like some people getting as low as 8.30 on their 1.5! id honestly love to be able to get 9.30!! i used to be able to get below 10 absolutley no problem at all but since the last 3 weeks, id say id be lucky to get 10 minutes!

DJ LOZZA

Reaction score
Hi there.keep your head up fella.dont let it drag you down.it might not be as serious as you think. so go and get it sorted asap!Good luck fella,

GaryA

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
This sounds like something to do with your pleura (the membrane between your lungs and your ribs). When you inhale, the pain becomes more severe, like a stabbing in your 'heart,' but is actually the pleura rubbing against your ribs (or something). As far as I know, it's nothing too serious, but then again, I'm not a doctor.

yeah i get that now and then not as much sines i been training though its painfull but bearable to runs till

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Heart Murmours are incredibly common according to our Medical Examiners. Some are serious, most aren't.

As the heart is the bit that keeps you alive, it would, as suggested, be prudent to see your GP. It may be nothing but far better you get it checked - if it needs treatment it can then be managed, if it's not even your heart you will certainly sleep more soundly.

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Heart Murmours are incredibly common according to our Medical Examiners. Some are serious, most aren't.

As the heart is the bit that keeps you alive, it would, as suggested, be prudent to see your GP. It may be nothing but far better you get it checked - if it needs treatment it can then be managed, if it's not even your heart you will certainly sleep more soundly.

cheers, makes me feel a bit better, well, i just got back from the gym, did 20 minutes on the hardest settings on the cross country machine, then went for a jog, i did no more than half a mile then i started getting the pains! im not even that bothered about it being a murmur or anything, the only thing that bothers me is if it starts playing up on my PJFT.

im *text deleted* make an appointment at my GP and tell him my stories and hopefully he will give me something to ease the pain.

cheers