heartrate / foot blister

reid81

Reaction score
what is the desired heartrate while running the 1.5miler in 10?

also any tips on dealin with foot blisters,?

cheers

Seedytucker

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
type blisters in the search bar, there are stupid amounts of threads on them.

R. M. Pitt

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
try wearing a thin pair of socks and a thick pair of socks

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score

chrystal19

Reaction score
Ideally 75-80% of your maximum. Load of info on running can be found on sites like http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/ and http://www.therunningbug.co.uk.

And like Seedy said, use the search bar for blisters as there are loads of thread with long debates about how to deal with them.
That's incorrect. At 75% HR you're at your lactate threshold, you could probably keep going for 45 minutes at that level. Within a few minutes you'd want to be reaching 85%+, with the last minute sprint taking you to your Vo2Max.

reid81

Reaction score
well my normal heartrate is in the 80s
on the treadmill its goin up double to the 160s
treadmill monitors are not terribly accurate of course but that seemed a lot

ChrisL

Reaction score
Guys your actually nearly there there are 3 types...Moderate Zone which is 55-70% Max HR this zone represents a person starting out..Then theres The Fitness Zone this is 70-80% Max HR this is a level of intensity that is moderate enough to enable most people to exercise comfortably for long periods of time to utilise fat as a source of fuel..This is also the progression from the mod zone

Then there is The Performance (OBLA) Zone which is 80-90% Max HR this is recommended for the improvement of CV system for active and trained individuals, this assist in providing an endurance base for more intense aerobic exercise. The Onset Of Blood Lactate Accumulation Zone (OBLA) is the exercise intensity point at which a person shifts from aerobic to anaerobic energy production. Training at high percentages of max HR will help improve this zone enabling to train harder and for longer, But training at OBLA is stressful on the CV system and requires good fitness and is not suitable for a deconditioned client.

Finally there is The Proformance (Anaerobic) Zone this one is 90-100% Max HR and this is the highest level of training and is for very well trained person! working in this zone improves speed and pace and prepare and individual to race competitively

ChrisL

Reaction score
Also guys youll see i have used the word client!....this is because im a Personal Trainer and get used to saying it everyday! (Habbit)

et-adams

Reaction score
Subtle, Chris.

I know when I'm pounding out a 1.5miler, (at 8.08 I might add) I'm thinking, 'Gee, i hope my heartrate is in the appropriate category'

Just *text deleted* go for it. As hard as you can. Your heart isn't going to explode, and if it does, well... you'll be a legend.

ChrisL

Reaction score
8.08 thats good but when im knocking it out at 7.48 through a structured program trust me it works and you should be aiming to concentrate on these things

chrystal19

Reaction score
well my normal heartrate is in the 80s
on the treadmill its goin up double to the 160s
treadmill monitors are not terribly accurate of course but that seemed a lot
Yes, that isn't HR%, that is HR. You need to work out your Max HR to work out what HR% you're working at.

Ipodbob

Reaction score
how long does the heartrate need to be in the 70-80% to increase fitness levels ? cause i really struggle to get my bps up. I get seriously out of breath before my heartbeat even starts getting over 120.