Heavy Weapons Anti Air

lord_carl

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Can anyone find infomation on this? *text deleted* serched high and low and all i found was a short paragraph on the RN website. Its something that interests me as i get the impression it is not heard of much in the marines but you generaly dont get pinged for it eighter not to mention been droped ontop of a mountine every now and again

Any feedback???

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
I'd imagine now they would be scaling this one down now. I heard it's almost all gone out to the RAF Regiment.

Plus it kind of makes sense that the guys we will be fighting for the next 10 years, are the ones without any air. So probably a good decision if they can send the resources elsewhere. Mind you Argentina could try another Falklands stunt with less than 6 months warning. But apart from that I can't see us needing it, ok plus maybe Iran :*text deleted*: but certainly no more need for it. :*text deleted*:

Regards

GW

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
Air Defence Troop

Guys: This would be known as Air Defence Troop. They're based at RMB Stonehouse in Plymouth. As far as I know they are still part of the Corps.

Regards

STeve

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Steve I think I remember some guys over at Military Forums saying that it was getting scaled down and it was all being outsourced to the RAF Regiment. I'm not sure how accurate it was but the Marine talking about it wasn't too happy or confident in the ability of the RAF to operate it.

Hopefully not but you never know these days.

GW

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
Scaled Down

It'll be a shame if its true. Air Defence Troop was always a reputable troop within the Corps. My mate Diz went on to be the Sergeant Major of the troop before he left the Corps in 2005.

Regards

Steve

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Yep the guys discussing it didn't seem very happy about it,

lord_carl

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
It is a shame because it was in a very resant globe and laurel that they have just done training in wales as a full troop for the first time in ages.