Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

Heeeiiii...i've come out.

Discussion in 'Introductions & Welcome to the Royal Marines Site' started by commandobass, Nov 26, 2015.

1. R

R Venerated Contributor

If your training 2 times daily then yeah your diet needs to be bang on, if you are smashing yourself day in day out your body wont have enough time to recover and make gains. Has your program for what you achieve been constructed professionally?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Royal671

Royal671 Veteran Contributor

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Yeah I need to sort diet out, calories protein and carbs I get a lot off, I just get to much fat/sugars etc.

By programme I assume you mean training plan? If so Arny put it together for me, he gave me the exercises/sessions and I slotted them in around my weekly schedule.

3. R

R Venerated Contributor

So program constructed with online material? easiest to get a personal trainer to construct something around what you need to achieve and in a desired time frame, depending on where your based in the country, if you PM I can recommend afew Ex Pti's who can square you away.

• Like Like x 1
  4. LHG97

LHG97 Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    What I've found mate is volume during these workouts help. I do a bleep workour once a week, the rest is just perfect form and slightly faster than the beep.
    I usually do this with a weighted vest:
    Regular press ups : 15 x4 30 seconds rest inbetween
    Rest 1 minute
    Diamon press ups: 8x4 sets, 30 seconds rest in between
    Rest 1 minute
    Wide arm press ups: 10x4, 30 seconds rest.
    I usually throw some clapping ones and one handed ones in at the end for a bit of fun depending on where I am.
    I keep mega strict on the rest time and the form, obviously cater the number to yourself but Ive chosen a number that means I'm pushing with all I have by the time I get to the last rep of EVERY set. You can always throw a mock test in just before as well. What I'd say with this is dont do it more than 4 days In a row and when you come back from your rest day test yourself and you should see some improvement!
    Good luck mate and just remember, it will come...

• Like Like x 1
  5. noname

noname Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Passed POC
    See you on the 4th buddy

• Like Like x 1
  6. commandobass

commandobass Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Seriously it's a long term thing, i was on about 30 for 4 months, then managed to get to 50 and squeezed out 53 on prmc. Real strength is gained long term, keep patient and keep it regular. If you can, do the video set as much as you can, but keep your eyes on the long term.

• Like Like x 1
  7. commandobass

commandobass Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Ha! yes typically 3 sets a day, with 2 rest days a week. Easy to do if you quit your job and make training to pass prmc your summer holiday. like i say of varying intensities, i certainly wasn't running a half marathon every week or pumping iron muscle gym style.

• Like Like x 1
  8. commandobass

commandobass Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    • Like Like x 3
  9. commandobass

commandobass Member

App Stage:
    Parent
    Main reason for joining over the army? I heard the marines shower together alot, so... ;)

But seriously no, fast boats innit.

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  10. Pongyaw

Pongyaw Valuable Contributor

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Can really recommend this. I personally was stuck at 42 push ups for months, then I started incorporating the 5x5 strength program ( very popular program, google it) into my training as I felt i lacked strength. It has helped me break my plateau and am now at 52 push ups after 4 weeks!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Marlis

Marlis Well-Known Member

Don't forget the watery side of the job. Make sure you're used to doing things in mud and water (not just swimming pools). It's a while before you're allowed near a fast boat :)

12. Marlis

Marlis Well-Known Member

He who dares swims (and runs in the mud) :)

• Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  13. the happy sloth

the happy sloth Venerated Contributor

with the title of this thread, I was expecting something a little different.
    Never mind, welcome.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hoofin Hoofin x 1
  14. luke.w.pc

luke.w.pc New Member

App Stage:
    TMU
    If your struggling with press-ups remember Recovery Equals Successful Training, limit yourself to 3-4 hard sessions a week. Use gainers, do as many sets of half your best reps as you can (so if you can do 30 try for 10 sets of 15, basically until you can't do another rep). Rest 1 min between sets. Diet is a massive factor for improving strength and endurance, make sure your getting plenty of calories in specifically carbs and protein. If your on the heavy side, losing a bit of weight could help a lot. Also make sure your using correct form with EVERY rep, you'll be caught out on prmc so there's no point cheating now.
    Good Luck

• Like Like x 1