Height and Weight requirements

danbo

Reaction score
The Royal Marines website says that you must be over 1.65 meters tall and your weight must be proportional to your height.

What do they mean by proportional? Can anyone be a little more specific? Is there a minimum weight?

I am 5ft8 (1.75 meters) but only weigh 64kg (140lbs). I am a skinny b*text deleted**text deleted**d.

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
60kg is minimal.

You're fine, don't worry :toung:

mrdanie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Well your bmi is about 22, im under 5'5" and think my bmi is about 23 so healthy ranges, weigh the same as you. As said before as long as your weight and height is proportionate, which would be determined by your bmi, plus looking at your body type, (if your muscular then this would effect the bmi as muscle is heavier than fat) and you weigh over 60kg (9.5 stone) your okay :laugh:

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
On the BMI scale, subject to verification by your Medical Examiner, you should be between 18-24 & not less than 60Kg.

Minimum height for RM Officers & Other ranks is 151.5 cm, not 1.65m.

The official site will eventually be amended to reflect this.

Dan-boxer

Reaction score
ninja, what if you are the minimum height (1.51cm) and the minimum weight (60kg) the BMI will be 25 (overweight) so how is the minimum weight so high and the minimum height so low?? this doesn't work out.

I am 169cm and i weigh 60-61kg in my clothes so i think i am going to be just under the minimum weight i think, but my BMI is 21 which is perfect so if i'm a little bit under does it matter, because im not skinny either. I'm not worried about any of the fitness or anything about the application, I am only worried about this and need to find out if i need to put on weight.
I have been trying to but it just seems that it isn't changing at all, think it is because of all the training and CV.

is there any exceptions about the minimum weight??

lord_carl

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
The Royal Marines website says that you must be over 1.65 meters tall and your weight must be proportional to your height.

What do they mean by proportional? Can anyone be a little more specific? Is there a minimum weight?

I am 5ft8 (1.75 meters) but only weigh 64kg (140lbs). I am a skinny b*text deleted**text deleted**d.
Im 6ft on the dot and weigh about 68kg and im now in my commando phase of training as far as im conserned that bmi is load of bull *text deleted**text deleted* that just covers there backs incase yours snaps if your determind your weight will be no issuse, however expect a bit of banter if you look skinny *text deleted*