Hello All

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just thought i'd introduce myself - i'm on my way to joining the RAF at the moment...after being rejected on eyesight grounds for my desired job in the Navy. However after reading the forum on Rumration i've become a big fan of the Royal Marines. I admire the way they go about their business and i find their 'to the point' style very refreshing. It's good the way they don't feel the need to slap each others arses constantly, they just get on with the job, say what they think and don't care if you don't like it. This is my sort of person and i still find myself tempted to join the corps and get in the front line.

Personally i do like to try to keep up with RM entry fitness standards as they will obviously stand me in good stead for the RAF and maybe i just like torturing myself, but it feels good to have them, hence why i like to keep my eye on the training forum.

I've not been around here for a few months, but was it this site that used to do the 'training meets'? Some trainees met up together and camped out for the weekend and did some training together?

edd91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Aup am new to forum aswell, well 11 posts older anyway, but training meets that sounds wierd, suppose its good though.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Welcome Guys if I haven't welcomed you before.

I believe that there was one small training meet very early on when this forum started but not sure how it went. No doubt as the site continues to grow, the chances of finding someone in your local area will increase.

If it does start to increase significantly, we can look to setting up a special section for training partners etc.

And good luck with the RAF The_Sherminator, your more than welcome to stick around even if you don't change your mind about the RM's. I'm sure that the injuries picked up training for the RAF and Army will be the same as those training for the RM's.

Regards GW

Reaction score
GreyWing said:
Welcome Guys if I haven't welcomed you before.

I believe that there was one small training meet very early on when this forum started but not sure how it went. No doubt as the site continues to grow, the chances of finding someone in your local area will increase.

If it does start to increase significantly, we can look to setting up a special section for training partners etc.

And good luck with the RAF The_Sherminator, your more than welcome to stick around even if you don't change your mind about the RM's. I'm sure that the injuries picked up training for the RAF and Army will be the same as those training for the RM's.

Regards GW
Cheers mate. I'm sure the 'meet' was on this site about 6months ago, i'd probably be up for something like that if one were suitably placed in the future.

Might be going up kilimanjaro in the next few months, could be an interesting experience. If anyone on here was interested they'd be more than welcome to tag along with us...