Hello all

Reaction score
Hello all

I thought I'd introduce myself, I'm 29 and live near Newcastle.

I work in IT, its not a bad job, and the pay is alright, but ive been working shouting at computers for 9 years now, and I've decided its time to do some thing completely different.

As someone who has been involved with air cadets, as a flying instructor for the last 12 years, my imediate thought were to join the RAF Regiment, as an officer, and because this is such a major decision, and a change of life, I have set myself the date of 6 months from now, in which to get fit, and to make sure I have the requireed knowledge.

In researching getting fit, I stumbled accross the RM training program, and I am toying with the idea of joining as an RM officer instead of RAF Reg.

It's only an idea at the moment, and I've set myself a date by which to make the decison, but in the mean time, I need to get fit. I've only been training for 2 weeks, but I've managed to get my 1.5 mile time to 11:34 and 3 mile to 26min. Still a long way to go, but its a start.

I've set myself the date of the 1st of April to decide and apply. It gives me 6 months to decide if I'm doing the right thing, amd to decide exactly what I'm trying to join, so for the next 6 months, I guess I'm going to be bothering you a fair amount with dumb questions.

Cheers
NM

Simmoinshoes

Reaction score
Welcome mate, and good luck with what ever you decide. You'll find lots of info on here to help you with your training

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome, check out the POC section for more tips on becoming an officer. Good luck pal

Charlie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
no such thing as a dumb question on here :)

although youll get some people who'll try and make out there is... *text deleted*...

good luck in whatever decision you choose !

Duffy1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
"Direct entrants should be between 17 and 26 on the first day of the month of entry" according to the RM website so sorry to have to say it but you might have missed the boat on that one