Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Hello am new from Nairobi Kenya

Discussion in 'Introductions & Welcome to the Royal Marines Site' started by Thebigforce, Mar 8, 2019.

?
  1. Hello

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Hello

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. Thebigforce

Thebigforce New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Hello eveyone

2. Thebigforce

Thebigforce New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Hello Ninja I applied for royal marine on 11th November they replied then I send the second form via post concerning education...etc, after that they told to fill the medical form and I send, since then I haven't heard anything from my recruiter....he doesn't answer my call nor respond emails. What the way forward please advise

3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

I'm advised there are 2500 Commonwealth applicants at present and there will inevitably be a backlog.

Once your completed eyetest and medical questionnaire are received, they will conduct a medical triage telephone call to your nominated phone number. Once that is cleared, you can then establish communications via email with a UK Armed Forces Careers Office and start making your travel & accommodation arrangements to come to UK and complete selection.

4. Thebigforce

Thebigforce New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Thanks a lot so after that triage how long must I be in the UK, because sometimes it's take a while to have a visa ready?

5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Within 12 months of being signed-off at triage, ideally.

6. datlaidbackdude

datlaidbackdude New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet

After the call, the overseas desk will ask you to go ahead with your visa proccessing and let them know when you have it(visa). They usually need 5 weeks notice so they prepare for your arrival.... note that the Royal Marine/ Royal Navy does not send invitations to overseas applicants(Commonwealth).
    Am also from Commonwealth by the way