Hello Everyone

Roy

Reaction score
Just writing to say hello...

I'm from Trinidad and did the PRMC last year.I was unsuccessful at it but I'm now training hard for a second attempt later this year.

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Hiya mate - good to have you on board ! :) Best of luck with your 2nd attempt!

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Yep best of luck Roy and welcome to the site,

The pass rate on second attempts is pretty high,

GW

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Hiya Roy,

Welcome to our 400th member on the site!

Best of luck to you on your second attempt. The guys from St Vincent (As you're probably aware the RN has had two recruiting drives over there in the last 5 years) probably found the most difficult thing, apart from fitness preparation, was trying to get used to the climate change & some of them suffered cold-weather associated injuries on Recruit Training.

Obviously there's no easy solution for preparation other than perhaps allowing some time to acclimatise in UK if that is feasable & possibly trying to start Recruit Training in the UK Summer in the hope that you gradually get used to the cooler weather.

Again, good to see you on the site!

Globe-Trotter

PRMC Passed
Reaction score
Welcome Roy

All the best with your second attempt,whenwill you be getting another chance to come over?

Adam

Roy

Reaction score
Some advice please..

Well well...

I'm back in the UK finally roughly a month now.and am still training like a horse...I'm following the little green booklet I received since last year...Currently in the London,Kennington area (and looking for training partners which I *text deleted* belongs to another forum sorry..)...

What I would really like to know however is what is the minimum amount of time it should take me to acclimatise to this weather and thereby set up my next PRMC appointment...*text deleted* I mean just the other day in Trinidad was walking around the house with nothing but shorts on and all the windows were opened..NOW I *text deleted* make sure my heating is in order...additionally I'm being told that winter is approaching..I mean how cold does this place really get???

Also can anyone give me any tips on dealing with the weather change and what not...

thanks much!

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Hi Roy,

The lads joining directly from St Vincents indeed suffered a bit from cold weather injury in the early stages of training, possibly due to acclimatising. If you continue to train throughout our winter months up until around March I'd hope you were familiar with the worst the UK can throw at you.

That said - start the selection procedure as soon as you're ready & talk to the training team at CTC when on your PRMC & I'm sure they''ll have plenty of advice in this area.

tcsmith88

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hello Roy,

Welcome to the site. I will look forward to talking with you in the future. Sorry to hear about your unsuccessful first attempt at the PRMC but all the very best for the second. Not that I'm doubting you, but if like you say you've been "training like a horse" then you should be absolutely fine second time round. That accompanied with the sheer desire and determination needed to get through it all should see you home and dry.